'03 Rubicon T-case skid plate

1993yj

So everyone knows that the transfer case/auto tranny skid plates on the Rubicons hang down like a B. What is the best flat belly skid plate to do to take care of the issues of it hanging up on everything.

1993yj

The Rubi T-cases are bigger cause they also cover the tranny, and have the air compressor mounted to them. I dont know if the Teraflex one will work or not yet.

1993yj

eatrocks said:
I have used the Nth one and its very good

I have heard that before and wanted to look into it more. Aren't their products pricey though? And I am sure that this wont be a problem, but right now the Rubi has a Skyjacker 4" short arm kit that flexes better than many long arm kits I have seen, so I want to keep that and just add the tucked up skid plate.

TeraFlex PLUS

Supporting Vendor!
Vendor
THe teraflex skid plate will work with the Rubicon and they have a bracket for the compressor. The only thing you have to do is add a T/Case drop or make a dent in the floor. THe belly up with the T/Case drop is still a big improvement.

1993yj

TeraFlex PLUS said:
THe teraflex skid plate will work with the Rubicon and they have a bracket for the compressor. The only thing you have to do is add a T/Case drop or make a dent in the floor. THe belly up with the T/Case drop is still a big improvement.

How much of a drop, and what is the price? Also, I am guessing that if I did a 1" body lift then I wouldnt have to drop the skid plate?

Last edited:

TeraFlex PLUS

Supporting Vendor!
Vendor
If you do a 1 inch body Lift, $125.95, then you do not have to drop the transfer case drop. The belly up is $324.00, and the compressor bracket is $ 54.00. You can call 801-713-3314, My name is " DOC " for any questions.