06 Short Bus LJ

Cascadia

Undecided
Picked this up last week. Still not sure what the plans are for it or if it will stay in my garage long. I've been daily driving it rather than my diesel and it's been nice. Bought off a BYU girl and it had been babied by the dealer and I don't think ever seen dirt. As jeeps go, I was already bored with its look and how stock it was. Chad donated some 3" LJ springs that he had leftover from his. I picked up some Rubi take offs and ordered a set of 1.25" wheel adapters. I need to get one more to fit the spare. Got it all done late last night and I think it looks worlds better. Now if I could just get the yellow to come off.

Attachments

• IMG_8989.JPG
    IMG_8989.JPG
    903.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8983.JPG
    IMG_8983.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_8979.JPG
    IMG_8979.JPG
    978.7 KB · Views: 39

Cascadia

Undecided
And this is how it sits after the adapters, wheels, tires, and 3" springs.

Attachments

• IMG_9009.JPG
    IMG_9009.JPG
    909.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_9008.JPG
    IMG_9008.JPG
    983.3 KB · Views: 50

Cascadia

Undecided
:confused:why did you buy it if you don't like the color?
Why not? It was a good deal and it had not been beat on like every other Jeep out there. Low miles, never been off-road. Really, it was super clean underneath and no skid marks or bent control arm mounts or anything. I'd much rather live with the wrong color than a beat down Jeep. It looks a lot better now to me with the darker wheels. The yellow isn't nearly as bad.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
If you can get the fender flares to be black again that will continue to clean up the look.

(I personally like yellow jeeps) :D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
If you can get the fender flares to be black again that will continue to clean up the look.

(I personally like yellow jeeps) :D

Hit them with a heat gun! If you don't have one, they're like $15 at Harbor Freight and they'll look good with minimal effort!

I think it looks great with the JK wheels & tires and 3" springs... I think you should leave it just like that and enjoy it!

Cascadia

Undecided
Hit them with a heat gun! If you don't have one, they're like $15 at Harbor Freight and they'll look good with minimal effort!

I think it looks great with the JK wheels & tires and 3" springs... I think you should leave it just like that and enjoy it!
I plan on the heat gun tomorrow Greg. Russ told me to do the same thing. And I like the looks of the bus now too so I'll leave it like that for a while. Hopefully longer than past experience.

sixstringsteve

Also, back to black plastics restorer is awesome. It puts the oils back into the plastics that the sun took out. It's cheap and found at most auto parts stores. Wipe it on witg a rag and that's it.