07 dodge 6.7--- DPF?????

brandonlmb

brandonlmb
What year did Dodge start doing the DPF exhaust? I bought on 07 with 6.7 and its missing the cat, which is being installed next Monday but should it have a DPF from the factory?

LT.

The 6.7 made its first apperance mid year 2007. Dodge wanted to release a Diesel that was not just 2008 compliant but, 2010 compliant. As far as I know, all 6.7 Cummins engines had the diesel particulate filter. The DPF should be the last canister on the exhaust system just forward of the muffler.

LT.

LT.

Let me know if you want a picture of the entire exhaust system. I have it all removed from the truck and I can take a picture of it and send it to you via text message.

LT.

larrybenny

larrybenny
Unless you need the DPF system to pass emissions testing, I would leave it off. I worked at a Dodge dealership in 2008 and this system was a major problem. In fact Dodge didn't know exactly what to do at the time. They had to replace the system several times on some trucks. If you let the truck idle too long the system plugs up and has to be driven awhile to clean out. It may have been resolved by now, but we had alot of very unhappy customers.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Unless you need the DPF system to pass emissions testing, I would leave it off. I worked at a Dodge dealership in 2008 and this system was a major problem. In fact Dodge didn't know exactly what to do at the time. They had to replace the system several times on some trucks. If you let the truck idle too long the system plugs up and has to be driven awhile to clean out. It may have been resolved by now, but we had alot of very unhappy customers.

Davis county will require it to be intact an in operation, I'm sure

brandonlmb

brandonlmb
Yep Mark is correct, gotta have for Davis county. I'm not sure if I will really notice a difference with the performance with or with out the smog crap. This truck really won't get driven much. If I get some crap from the dealer Monday when it does in for the exhaust work I will be giving them back the truck and move on to something else.

LT.

Yep Mark is correct, gotta have for Davis county. I'm not sure if I will really notice a difference with the performance with or with out the smog crap. This truck really won't get driven much. If I get some crap from the dealer Monday when it does in for the exhaust work I will be giving them back the truck and move on to something else.

You will notice a difference. Less horsepower, less mileage, more problems.

LT.

LT.

Honestly, i would buy the parts to make ot legal and only install them to pass what ever inspections you need them for. Then, i would pull all the legal parts off and keep the truck deleted. The truck will run better, last longer, and return better mileage deleted.

LT.