07 King 4X4 Challenge!

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
So did anyone get picks of my wheel stand :rofl: going in to the mud?

I havent gone through the camera yet but I have a GREAT pic of it in my head:rofl::rofl::rofl: That was the most enteraining part of the day. My Jaw dropped when your wheels came off the ground.

Its awesome you competed again this year. Im thinking next year I want to run open class. After I get a big block installed of course.

great scott

I havent gone through the camera yet but I have a GREAT pic of it in my head:rofl::rofl::rofl: That was the most enteraining part of the day. My Jaw dropped when your wheels came off the ground.

Its awesome you competed again this year. Im thinking next year I want to run open class. After I get a big block installed of course.

Must see pics:D

I think you could run open and do well. The point spread from modified to open was not that big, and you were right up there.

Bart

NoRig

It was a blast! I wish my motor would have been up to par. I had no power all day long. Everything else held together though

I had a good laugh with Corey when you putted up and over the top of the hill at the end of the gauntlet. There's something about right there at that hill that your Scout doesn't like. Last year the bead, this year the HP.
You had it won last year if it wasn't for the lost tire.

great scott

I had a good laugh with Corey when you putted up and over the top of the hill at the end of the gauntlet. There's something about right there at that hill that your Scout doesn't like. Last year the bead, this year the HP.

We were talking about that same thing :rofl:. I think someone has put a hex on you and that hill. But hey, you did getter done in fashion both years. your definitely a crowed favorite.

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
The crew of this rig deserves special mention also:

Someone please post their names.

They ran the open class, and I honestly believe would have topped the Rock Garden if not for an engine handicapped by sucking lots of swamp mud on our second event. Even with this handicap, I assume they had the high mark on the rocks, if not then 2nd highest before the engine totally gave out. I assume they had one of the fastest scores on the Baja, sucked the mud and struggled with the lose of power and ultimate rod knock sounding death on the rocks. This team would have placed in the top two if not for the lost engine.

100_0030.jpg

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
The crew of this rig deserves special mention also:

Someone please post their names.

They ran the open class, and I honestly believe would have topped the Rock Garden if not for an engine handicapped by sucking lots of swamp mud on our second event. Even with this handicap, I assume they had the high mark on the rocks, if not then 2nd highest before the engine totally gave out. I assume they had one of the fastest scores on the Baja, sucked the mud and struggled with the lose of power and ultimate rod knock sounding death on the rocks. This team would have placed in the top two if not for the lost engine.

[IM G]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/Timpanogos/King%20Challenge/100_0030.jpg[/IMG]

That would be Carl Migliori from Price / Helper area. Very cool guy and a very well built rig.

great scott

The above team is a member of the King Crawlers, and I know them fairly well. The Driver/owner is Carl Miglorry, his spotter was Sterling Kissinger. I agree if not for blowing an engine:sick:, they would have surly been in the money. I belive(no specs with me now) they did have the best time on the Baja, fail off the charts in the mud, then nursed it into the rocks for I think 4th due to a bad engine. I was really looking forward to seeing that thing open up.

great scott

Some of what I think were the highlights of the day. Sorry I have no pics period.

Timpanogos and has 2 wheel driving on the Mini Baja. :eek: Best save yet!

Dodge truck rolling in the Gauntlet :ugh:.

Matt Ballards run through the Gauntlet. Can you say 30 seconds flat :cool:.

Team Stump flying over not through the Tire Pit.

Me:greg: pulling a wheel stand(even though I still have no proof/pics) in the mud.

ChestonScout on the last hill of the Gauntlet,,,,again :D. Great show.

Did I miss any? Bottom line is awesome(sorry I grew up in the 80's) show.

ChestonScout

I KNOW!!!

I wasnt sure if I was going to even make through any of the gauntlet. The Scout would not stay running right before I went in. When I got to the rocks at the end (where I blew the tire last year) I could feel her slowing down so I couldnt let off the throttle. I thought I might blow a tire again.....even with beadlocks this year....but I made it over. Then the engine just starts dieing......If it wouldnt have made it over the top......I was ready to put my wife in the drivers seat and I would have pushed it over myself.

Hopefully by me finishing it this year.....the hex is broke and next year I can blow through it without any problems... it was still the funnest part of the day for me anyway.

I think you need to do the Challenge twice a year......spring and fall. Once is just not enough!!:greg:

blazinzuk

This was my first time there( I was down there with Cheston and was spotting for the big durango) it was awesome. Too much fun for real life. The club down there really does an awesome job.

Hopefully next year I will bring my rig down

And hopefully Cheston (chestonscout) will be totally repowered by then

great scott

I hope you are not getting the wrong idea here. Cheston is a top notch competitor, who has placed in the top of his class both years he ran. It is just fun to give him crap for having problems in the exact same spot booth years :rofl:.

NoRig

This was my first time there( I was down there with Cheston and was spotting for the big durango) it was awesome. Too much fun for real life. The club down there really does an awesome job.

Hopefully next year I will bring my rig down

And hopefully Cheston (chestonscout) will be totally repowered by then

I'm making sure Cheston draws out to run first in his class again next year. He seemed to like doing that two years in a row so far. :ugh:

ChestonScout

I'm making sure Cheston draws out to run first in his class again next year. He seemed to like doing that two years in a row so far. :ugh:

:rofl::rofl:

The first year I hated going first all day. It was my first comp. and I didnt really know what to expect. This year I did actually enjoy running first. What are the chances of drawing first 3 years in a row??

NoRig

What are the chances of drawing first 3 years in a row??

Well you had problems both years right in the same place in the Gauntlet and you drew to run first in your class both years so with your odds I would say they're pretty high. :p

I'm glad that you are talking about coming back. You're a good competitor and fun to talk to and one of the crowd favorites. I, for one, have enjoyed having you there the past two years so I hope to see you there next year again.

jet_aj

Just loosing my mind

King Challenge 2x a year?

OUCH!!! It would be awesome to do the challenge 2x a year, but I, (and I know most of those who help with the event) am exhausted after 1 event a year. There is a ton of planning and scouting for sponsors, and coordinating extraction equipment, and advertising, and getting the park ready (actually that is probably the easiest), and getting the volunteers, and stack and stack of paperwork, and the list goes on for 10 pages...:eek:

I would think that if a lot of the leg work and paper work could be done months in advance, it may be possible to do two events a year. But realistically, getting the VOLUNTEER help do to such an event just once a year is hard enough.:-\

I'm excited to see the vast amount of positive everyone has been posting. It just makes it that much easer for me to be a part of it. Hope to see everyone again next year!