07 King 4X4 Post Game/results!

great scott

I have read some of the post in the old thread, but I thought I would kick up in a fresh thread.
And the winners are..........
Daily Driver;
#3 Nick Turpin of Helper.
#2 Greg Tucker of Moab.
#1 Linda Adams(wife of Todd Adams) of SLC.

Modified;
#3 Cheston Beck(cheston scout) of Clinton.
#2 Danny Fredricks of Feron.
#1 Carl Neilson of Centerville.

Open;
#3 Chad Adams(timpangos) of Heber.
#2 Matt Ballard of Sandy.
#1 Scott Edwards(great scott)of Price.

Last edited:

great scott

I have to say that the level of competitors was the best yet. These guys came to play, and they knew how! Plus the sportsmanship was again top notch. Crud the open class guys even let me play with them. All day Matt, Chad and myself were ribbing each other as we battled it out for king.

NoRig

Overall Scores

Scott I hope this is okay to post.

Here are the overall scores for the challenge. Very tight considering those scores are spread over seven different events.

For instance Kevin Healy in the pull had problems with getting power to his front tires and ended up only getting about two and a half feet. If he would have pulled about the same as the other similar Jeep in his class(Linda Adams) he would have taken second overall.
There were several places where that was the case, Mike Stumph for instance. He received no score on the race track because he didn't finish which meant he missed out on at least 75 points. Very tight competition and the best overall field we have had yet.

Note- The guys under 400 points are the guys that broke during the event. On that thought, JD Brach, a winner from last year, competed in only three events(mud, engineering and race) and had taken second in the mud(Scott and Matt tied for first), second in engineering and tied for third in the race. He was definitely in the running this year but put a rock through his radiator in the mud and was done.

Daily Driver Scores
Linda Adams 476.67
Greg Tucker 446.58
Nick Turpin 446
Josh Rogers 430.58
Kevin Healy 429
Jeremy Montgomery 271.33

Modified Scores
Carl Nielson 550.83
Danny Fredericks 497.75
Cheston Beck 469.42
Josh Sommer 458.00
Mike Stumph 451.42
Corey Casper 349.25
Oliver Bradstreet 290.75
Allen Edwards 254.92
Chris Wayman 202.42

Open Scores
Scott Edwards 585.92
Matt Ballard 549.50
Chad Adams 502.00
Jeremy Ison 456.00
Nick Madrigal 454.50
Scott Austin 426.50
Tony Saldarriaga 376.50
Carl Migliori 266.00
JD Brach 250.00

great scott

No I think you have some good points by showing them. Besides the fact that you took over the roll as the bad guy, so I could run. Thanks, it was much more fun driving then what you got to do.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I think you did a great job! Very fair. It did seem to me like some of the competitors this year were really pushing some of the rules. (Like completely leaving the course and getting back on several times)

I think that next year the main thing that needs to be changed is that on the tires and the mud......everyone needs to start in the same place. That was the disadvantage of me running first. I made it threw the tires but then the Stumphs started at the edge of the mud pit and flew over them. I dont blame that stratagy at all. It was legal but.....I dont think it should be legal again. What is your guys opinion on the matter?

NoRig

I think it's a good suggestion. I actually have it on my list of issues to possibly address for next year because you are not the only competitor I heard this from.
Thanks for the input. Any feedback from competitors always helps us make the next year better.