10' hoops

Webby

Official Cutie Pie
Anyone know where I can find or make 10' (yes that's foot) light weight, but strong hoops ... I need 3.

Caleb

Webby said:
ring roller? what's that? are they expensive? if not I'll just buy one :D

ring rollers are very expensive, even if you can find a manual one they are still expensive. Most of the time guys have hydro ones which start at $3K for a bench top no frills model. I dont know of any shops that have one but its what you'll need to get a nice 10' evenly bent hoop like that. (if you want it out of steel or aluminum, if you want something other than those then I dont know what to suggest :D)

Webby

Official Cutie Pie
Actually that's not bad for price. What I'm trying to make starts at $40K ... I have everything besides the hoops and I'm into the project $1K (roughly). So even if I spend $10K on a this thing I still way ahead of the game :)

Any links to distributors?

CJJ92yj

What are you going to make these 10' hoops from? I assume steel of some sort, or aluminum. Call around and ask some of the local steel suppliers if they have the capability to do that. Quite a few of them won't, most are just suppliers. I do know that PDM steel in Payson can do a lot of work. I work for a plate steel shop, and we use things like that fairly often. Most of the time we have places in California do all our rolling because the beams/etc. are too big for most local places. If the local suppliers can't do it, they would definitely know of a place that can.

Caleb

here is a link to some, Vansent is great to deal with. If you really wna to maximize your profit then I would do as CJJ92YJ has siad, call around and see if any metal shops, fab shops have the ability to do it. Even though you buy the tool there will still be a learning cruve. Whereas if you get a shop to do it for you it wont cost much, most the cost will be in material. However, if these are soemthing you will be doin g a ton of, maybe purchasing a machine would be your best bet.