110v Welder

muleskinner

I dont know why that is so cheap but 400 bucks is what i paid for a used millermatic 135 thats 110v so thats a deal plus if anyone wants this welder from grainger i get a 10% discount for being a parker employee so let me know id be glad to save someone a little coin:greg:

Sign me up! $360 can't be beat. I've had both 110 & 220v and I would get the 220 hands down.

I'll make my old welder my standby;)

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
sounds good just let me know when you want it and get me the money i can order it anytime or just meet me at their saltlake store after i get off work during the week about 330 or so

iamsparticus

i just called grainger on the welder my price is 422.95 so they wont give me the 10% off they just pay the freight charge because it come directly from the vendor but i would imagine the frieght charge would be more than tax by far so if you still want to do that muleskinner pm me

muleskinner

i just called grainger on the welder my price is 422.95 so they wont give me the 10% off they just pay the freight charge because it come directly from the vendor but i would imagine the frieght charge would be more than tax by far so if you still want to do that muleskinner pm me

So $422.95 is with tax?

Last edited:

muleskinner

I just called them to get a cash price for comparison. The nice lady on the phone quoted me $1180 + freight. Same item #. She told me I should order it online.:D

I'll PM you

iamsparticus

yeah 422.95 is with tax so its a sweet price if i didnt already buy my miller id jump on this, anyone else wants one of these let me know or go on the web and get it

thenag

Remember that doesn't come ready to go you still need a lot to get up and going

like what?

wire and gas? what else? on additional info it says it comes with a gun and cable.

probably going to try to get one, if they are not totally sold out by the time i decided.

nathan
-99 xj I just borrowed a 220v mig for the last month :(

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I made the mistake of buying a 110v welder.... and got rid of it...
Ever since, I've been trying to repress those memories. :-\

I saved my coin and bought a millermatic 252. I LOVE it. IMO, you just can't compare a 110 and 220 machine.

The deal Carl posted is stupid cheap. :eek:

thenag

Ordered the 230v from grainger today, pending charge on my card and everything.

they have a 120v on sale too

nathan
-99 xj

She didn't say, just that they received an email indicating the welder had been removed from the catalog. She also checked to see if it was replaced by another item and it was not.

sparky

I just called to check on my order and I guess they only had 12 for sale and once they sold out they didn't bother to stop taking orders. Pretty crappy way to run a business.

cuban b

You're all WEAK SAUCE!
Back to the original issue, 110 welders work pretty well as long as you get a nice one. Don't even consider some off brand. If you go with Miller, Hobart, or Lincoln you will be fine.

I own a Hobart and prefer it, but I have used a Lincoln 110 extensively. Both have been used a lot on off road rigs with no failures.

Prep your material well, and use your head. I am very comfortable welding 3/16" with mine, and 1/4" isn't bad. I wouldn't even try thicker, but almost nothing I need to weld is thicker so it isn't and issue for me.