12/6 Toy Safari RS/Con

Paudrhound

First of all thanks guys and gals for letting me and my son tag along we had a great time and to put faces with names good stuff. By the time I'm posting this the folks are still out on Constrictor. My family wagon only went so far up RS and then my son and I hoofed up to see some good riding. Only a couple casualties when we had left.
I think Greg had a quite a few toys for the kids, it was good to see all the toys come out when Greg pulled up.
I hope these pics come out good.

Last edited:

Paudrhound

last of my pics. yes, I blew it, didn't even get a pic of greg and the rest of us with the toys that were donated, hopefully someone thought to do that. Thanks again, my son is hooked he wants to build a crawler now!!!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
a good time i'd say.....

50mph with a wicked head wind down there..... :rolleyes:

first time i've needed the HickyBilt sliders...finally used em, worked great.... :)

broken locker on RS........ :ugh: ...not me though

Cory's rig is sweet!!!!!...."used to be pretty" :rofl: ....right :rolleyes:

i hate the wheelbase of my zuk...i'm tired of it!!!...it's gonna get a makeover in 2006!!!!

my carb is messed up or something...kept quiting on me...

had a nice view of Greg on the way to Constictor! :rofl:

after the first obsticle i pulled out....i forsaw broken things in the near future if i continued...

open YJ on Constrictor.....whatever....

I gotta know if the guy in the red Jeep broke or got more dents....i'm sorry but he was too upset for what happened....it's off roading for pete's sake! who was that guy anyways?

here are some of my pics of the day...i have some more too.....

***PS....Greg i forgot to give you the batteries i brought for this shindig!...i've be out at the E Center next week though... :(

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I've got to hand it to everyone that came out to support our little Toy Gathering, I was really impressed with how many items everyone brought. The passenger seat of my truck was overflowing with Toys! It was definatley a good sight, thanks to all!!! :)

The 2 Trails were a great time, I got a little seat time in Wendys XJ. (I really don't like driving other peoples rigs, something about being responsible for damage or something...) :eek:

As for Sami (And the guy in the Green YJ with opened diffs) backing off after the first obstacle on Constrictor... I have more respect for you two being able to back off, than if you both would have continued on the trail.

I've got some pics, I'll get them posted later tonight.

Greg

Admin
SAMI said:
had a nice view of Greg on the way to Constictor! :rofl:

Were you looking at my Bum-Bum.... again?

SAMI said:
***PS....Greg i forgot to give you the batteries i brought for this shindig!...i've be out at the E Center next week though... :(

Sounds good, I'll see you there. No lookin' at my Bum this time....

Greg

Admin
OK, the pics will come slowly.

First, the generous Donations for Shriners Hospital (Once again, you guys & gals all ROCK! Thank you soooo much for contributing!) :) -

Attachments

• 100_1698Toys.jpg
    100_1698Toys.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 17

Greg

Admin
Onto the Wheelin pics! (I got mostly pics on the Con, because I was too busy getting hung-up in somebody elses Rig on Rattlesnake... :rofl:

Attachments

• 100_1654CoreyRSWaterfall2.jpg
    100_1654CoreyRSWaterfall2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_1655CoreyRSWaterfall.jpg
    100_1655CoreyRSWaterfall.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1656KC-RS.jpg
    100_1656KC-RS.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 100_1657SamiRS.jpg
    100_1657SamiRS.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_1658Chris&KCCon.jpg
    100_1658Chris&KCCon.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 100_1660WayneCon.jpg
    100_1660WayneCon.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_1662ToddCon2.jpg
    100_1662ToddCon2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_1688Coreshot.jpg
    100_1688Coreshot.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 100_1689CoreySnow2.jpg
    100_1689CoreySnow2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_1691RedYJSnow2.jpg
    100_1691RedYJSnow2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 8

Greg

Admin
More...

Attachments

• 100_1672ChrisDriveWaterfall2.jpg
    100_1672ChrisDriveWaterfall2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_1674ChrisWinching.jpg
    100_1674ChrisWinching.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_1676WayneWaterfallWinch.jpg
    100_1676WayneWaterfallWinch.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 100_1677WayneWaterfall3.jpg
    100_1677WayneWaterfall3.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_1680ToddWinchStart.jpg
    100_1680ToddWinchStart.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_1681ToddWinch2.jpg
    100_1681ToddWinch2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_1683CoreyWaterfall.jpg
    100_1683CoreyWaterfall.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_1684RedYJWinch2.jpg
    100_1684RedYJWinch2.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_1685RedYJWinch.jpg
    100_1685RedYJWinch.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_16874WheelerWaterfall.jpg
    100_16874WheelerWaterfall.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 20

Greg

Admin
Just a couple more....

Attachments

• 100_1679WayneWaterfall2.jpg
    100_1679WayneWaterfall2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_1694Chris&KCConSnow.jpg
    100_1694Chris&KCConSnow.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_1692RedYJSnow.jpg
    100_1692RedYJSnow.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 100_16934Wheeler.jpg
    100_16934Wheeler.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 13

Paudrhound

Wow, wish we could've hung out and watched you guys on Constrictor. Looks like you found some Snow up there.

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
it's a good thing i pulled out when i did!!! i got home and found a message from my work....paying double-pay for any hours on Saturday till 12pm....holy crap! needless to say, i worked the rest of the day :D

i wish i'd of stayed to watch more of the adventure....and hopefully a broken red jeep.... :rofl: ...but obviously comeing back payed off...

I have to admit that first obsticle was pretty nerve racking in my zuk...it's a good indicator of what the trail is gonna be like, from what i heard.....and pics...

big thanks to that guy in the yellow shirt, and Cory for the great spotting....being in Moab last weekend, then here today.....it's a HUGE noticeable difference in terrain, and how to wheel on it...fun stuff!

i did 80mph all the way home....i am proud :p

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Greg said:
As for Sami (And the guy in the Green YJ with opened diffs) backing off after the first obstacle on Constrictor... I have more respect for you two being able to back off, than if you both would have continued on the trail.

i might have made it abit farther on my own....but that green YJ never had a chance....he shouldn't have been there(Con) in the first place, and maybe me as well :eek: .....i had troubles getting to the first obsticle...that dumb hairpin turn worked me over... :( ...oh well, it was fun while it lasted.... :suka:

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
miatre said:
Who's toy is this?
what is the details on it?

thanks

I just put up a thread in "Members rides" under "Coreshot's 'Yota" , should have all the info.

What a great time, we had alot of fun. It's always good meeting new people. Sami, you're are pretty cool guy! Your not half as big a pain in the ass as you are on the board. :D

Oh, the guy in the red YJ DID get more body damage. :D Winching up Eagles' Nest, he slid into the wall on the left and caved in his driverside door.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Coreshot said:
I just put up a thread in "Members rides" under "Coreshot's 'Yota" , should have all the info.

What a great time, we had alot of fun. It's always good meeting new people. Sami, you're are pretty cool guy! Your not half as big a pain in the ass as you are on the board. :D

Oh, the guy in the red YJ DID get more body damage. :D Winching up Eagles' Nest, he slid into the wall on the left and caved in his driverside door.

thanks Cory....

i wish i was there to see him slide into the rocks! :rofl:

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Man I wish I could have been there to watch, not yet wheel with no front shock mounts or regeared for the 35's, I had to work, I was planning on having next weekend off to go deliver toys at the safari (BTW I understand Fox 13 News Is probably going to be there for a little coverage) Now my boss won't give me the day off I asked for, someone in orem should call champion (1600 n state) and talk to sheldon and tell him about this good cause, he didn't believe me. :rolleyes:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
too bad you couldn't make it out....it wouldv'e been fun...

i noticed that the Jeep owners were very used to pulling eachother with tow straps....must be a Jeep thing....cause i'm not too familiar with that practice :rofl: :rofl:

Todd Adams

Grammy's Spotter
SAMI said:
i noticed that the Jeep owners were very used to pulling eachother with tow straps....must be a Jeep thing....cause i'm not too familiar with that practice :rofl: :rofl:

I had a good friend tell me years ago that “if you haven’t been on both ends of a strap lately, you haven’t really been wheelin’” So much for brand banter, in fact I normally dive an Isuzu which has been through Rattle Snake a few times.

We had a great time on Constrictor. This is one great little trail. I really appreciate all the support RME gives U4WDA and we will certainly support RME. Thanks a bunch.
Todd Adams
President U4WDA