127hrs= Must watch!!

01XJ

All i can say is it is a must see. Its one of the best movies i have seen. If you dont watch "R" rated movies dont let this one scare you off. Its says the F word a few times and is a little graphic in one spot but it is a amazing movie!!:cool:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor

I kid, the pool is in Midway Utah. Following the movie premier the Horseshoe Canyon local Search & Rescue posted signs at all the trailheads informing people that the pool was fake, they can charge thousands for search and rescues and his arm is not still stuck in Blue John.

01XJ

I kid, the pool is in Midway Utah. Following the movie premier the Horseshoe Canyon local Search & Rescue posted signs at all the trailheads informing people that the pool was fake, they can charge thousands for search and rescues and his arm is not still stuck in Blue John.
Hmm good info i did not know that was in Midway I take it was at Homestead?(sp?) and i always wondered about his arm:rofl: I figured they retrieved it i didnt think they would leave it there but you never know:sick:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Hmm good info i did not know that was in Midway I take it was at Homestead?(sp?) and i always wondered about his arm:rofl: I figured they retrieved it i didnt think they would leave it there but you never know:sick:

The Homestead resort (place) is in Midway (city). Its worth a swim but I don't think they will let you jump from the top of the crater, they bored a hole through the side for access. The rest of the rock scene was in the old Granite Furniture building in SLC.

Back on subject, it really is a great movie. After reading the book I was interested to see how true to the story they would stay, I think they did a great job and I enjoyed seeing the pic of Aaron and his family at the end of the show.

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
I don't know what movie you are talking about but I have subaed to the bottom of the "crater"... Didn't see any arms just a toy lobster, and toy turtle

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Back off topic, I received my scuba certification in the midway crater. Now I want to go watch the movie because of that.

I did my open water dive there too. Truth is I wouldn't have recognized the crater from the movie. An acquaintance from ExpeditionUtah worked on the movie and I'm pretty sure it was him that told me?

The trailhead sign:
127Warning-1.jpg

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I still haven't seen it, and I don't know if I will. I just have a hard time contributing to someone profiting from that level of irresponsible behavior.

I know that if I had rolled my jeep on my arm while drunk, and had to cut it off myself, they wouldn't be glorifying me and I wouldn't be making millions in book sales and movie proceeds. going out there alone is just as irresponsible.

chadschoon

I still haven't seen it, and I don't know if I will. I just have a hard time contributing to someone profiting from that level of irresponsible behavior.

I know that if I had rolled my jeep on my arm while drunk, and had to cut it off myself, they wouldn't be glorifying me and I wouldn't be making millions in book sales and movie proceeds. going out there alone is just as irresponsible.

but Cody, if you would have drank your own pee while cutting off your arm I would have probably given you a dollar :D

It was a good movie ;)

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
We were out on Fins and Things when they were filming part of it there. We talked to some of the people to find out what was going on and one guy told us what the movie was about. His final comment was "the kid was an idiot".

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
meh. It seemed that it dragged on. In addition, the very last lines of the credits direct you to contact SUWA to protect Utah. I can't endorse or support the film.

I would like to find the book at the library.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
...the very last lines of the credits direct you to contact SUWA to protect Utah...

I think we should all contact SUWA about protecting Southern Utah because they sure as hell are not doing it now ;) If they were worried about designating Wilderness and getting protection they would lean to compromise... but then again, actual Wilderness doesn't make quite the fund raising opportunity that the idea of it does :p

Spidey

I thought the movie was pretty good. Redboxed it last night. Different for sure and I like a break away from the typical crap. I thought it was cool to see Hollywood illustrate him almost giving up, but then get his motivation from his dream for a future son. Not often that importance of family is worth film in their eyes anymore.