14 bolt and dana 60

RockCrushinToy

14 bolt and dana 60(and 70)

which is a drop out, or can either be a drop out? can they all be non floating, semi or full floating? which is stronger? pics would help a lot

can there be a 14 bolt front end (never heard of it)

what is a dana 70 compared to a dana 60 (same carrier, bigger shafts and housing?)

thanx guys i just want to know what im shopping for

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I've seen a couple pics a while back in some mags with guys running customn front 14 bolts that were converted. They bought the knuckles, and outers etc, never really got any details though it did interest me.

Caleb

None of them are drop outs (you mean thrid memeber drop outs like a ford 9" right?). The only axle with a removeable third thats a 1 ton axle that I know of is the an Eaton. I can't say I've ever heard of a stock D70 thats semi float but there are both SF and FF 14 bolts and D60s. You can make any axle SF or FF with aftermarket (or even stock) parts, but custom fabrication is required. The D70 is very similar to a D60 but it has a larger Ring gear, the shafts are usually 32 spline or 35 spline (I think most are 35 spline). The D60 can be 16 spline, 30 spline, or 35 spline (rare) but they can be made 35 spline by boaring out the spindles. In stock form there isn;ta 14 bolt front end but wagoneer machine shop (and I am sure many others) can make you a front 14 bolt (but IMO thats rather silly to do).

way2nosty

There is a Pf Dana 70 rare - came in certain light duty 3/4 tons with a plow package from the factory still 8 bolt axle. After our last conversation about the Dana 61 I got a newer book.