14 bolt info plz.

chadbuckner

Oh what a feeling..Toyota
I am thinking of putting a full size 14bolt ff in the rear of my toy. I would try to shave the housing for clearance and gear it aswell as lock it and go disk brakes. the question I have is..... will I have to change to an 8 lug rim or is there any way I can stick with my 6lugs ie change the spindle n lugs some how ? dunno just wanted to find out. I just got a 44 that has been modified to "fit" a toy at 64" wms-wms its wider than stock but I think 14 bolts come somewhere near that I know there were two or more types with different widths but not sure any info would be apprieciated.

p.s. i decided on a 14 because I read that they are way cheap, a dime a dozen, strong, full floaters, easy to work on, cheap to build up, and I think it would just be plain BAD!!!

Klif01

Do I bother you?
chadbuckner said:
I am thinking of putting a full size 14bolt ff in the rear of my toy. I would try to shave the housing for clearance and gear it aswell as lock it and go disk brakes. the question I have is..... will I have to change to an 8 lug rim or is there any way I can stick with my 6lugs ie change the spindle n lugs some how ? dunno just wanted to find out. I just got a 44 that has been modified to "fit" a toy at 64" wms-wms its wider than stock but I think 14 bolts come somewhere near that I know there were two or more types with different widths but not sure any info would be apprieciated.

p.s. i decided on a 14 because I read that they are way cheap, a dime a dozen, strong, full floaters, easy to work on, cheap to build up, and I think it would just be plain BAD!!!

Sweet, did you pick up super runners 44? When is the swap gonna take place? I want to help!!!

Caleb

Inshort, yes its is possible...how you get there is what you need to determine...search on POR there have been a ton of guys that have dont it...the bling way would be to buy a new set of aluminum hubs made for 6 lug and you would be done as far as machine work goes...otherwise I am prtty sure you will need to have your hubs turned down...check out the hubs at www.gradysoffroad.com they run around $259 each... =|

to get the 63"-64" mounting surface is really quite simple...all you need is either a cab and chassis axle or a SRW axle with cab and chassis hubs or Dually hubs...go check out Billavistas 14 bolt article on POR in the tech section...more info than you will ever need:D...