14 bolt yoke

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I actually had high angle driveline do the yokes on my stak, but Mike @ summit machine may be able to hook you up.

Do you have machining capabilities?

Last edited:

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
i just got the correct u bolts from i think teraflex and drilled out the yoke with a drill and installed them just have to use a vise and make sure your going straight. this was on a dana 30 thought.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
i just got the correct u bolts from i think teraflex and drilled out the yoke with a drill and installed them just have to use a vise and make sure your going straight. this was on a dana 30 thought.

I don't know why that wouldn't work. I'm still using the straps and haven't had any real issues. I do check them semi-frequently, though.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
straps still holding good on my Scout. Been under there for a couple years now. They also survived Top Truck

I dunno if its worth the bother??

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
it might be if you're missing them, like I am, or you dont' want to shell out at the dealer. :D

straps hold just fine if you've got 'em though

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I do have a mill at work has anyone done this and if so what ubolts do I need

I have done it to a 1410 D60 strap yoke. The hole centers for the Ubolts are different than the hole centers on the straps. Drilling the holes out larger may work but it is not the correct way. Use an end mill to make the hole centers and hole sizes correct for the Ubolt. Just buy a Ubolt kit for a Ubolt style yoke. They are available even though the Ubolt style yoke is usually not (pretty dumb huh).

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I have done it to a 1410 D60 strap yoke. The hole centers for the Ubolts are different than the hole centers on the straps. Drilling the holes out larger may work but it is not the correct way. Use an end mill to make the hole centers and hole sizes correct for the Ubolt. Just buy a Ubolt kit for a Ubolt style yoke. They are available even though the Ubolt style yoke is usually not (pretty dumb huh).

x2

If you need dims, let me know. I'll go measure the yoke on my stak.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
They also have the correct 14bolt straps, which no parts place carries, and it does make a difference-- the right ones have little nubs inside of them and are designed to bolt flat.

GM 3920486 strap- u/jt 2.3000 qty 2 4.60
GM 14018700 bolt- u/jt 1.3800 qty 4 5.52

Get 'em.

also Dana 60 u-bolts for 1330's--- RD KT116 7.71