14 FF DISC BRAKE ????'s

BURB-STYLE

WhiTe tRash whEEling
Hey so i bought the kit and installed the disc. brakes on my suburban. now i wanna know how did anyone else hook up the brake lines. Does anyone know what adapters to use or anything. will the 4"-6" extended stainless lines reach the block in the middle. any ideas or diagrams or what i need to buy greatly appreciated.

BURB-STYLE

WhiTe tRash whEEling
i already have the extended line from the frame to the axle. just want to know what hardware i need to get it from there to the calipers.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
BURB-STYLE said:
i already have the extended line from the frame to the axle. just want to know what hardware i need to get it from there to the calipers.

Autozone, the stock front brake Flex line, from a '75 chev, 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton, which ever caliper you used, they might be the same. If you need shorter hard lines, from block to where the flex line starts, I know they sell those too, pretty cheap.

good luck,
whose kit did you use anyways?

Caleb

Jinx said:
Autozone, the stock front brake Flex line, from a '75 chev, 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton, which ever caliper you used, they might be the same. If you need shorter hard lines, from block to where the flex line starts, I know they sell those too, pretty cheap.

good luck,
whose kit did you use anyways?

I had those lines for my disc swap, they were about $20-$25 each...so I took them back and bought parts from Speedway Motors and its was cheaper. www.speedwaymotors.com you can find all the fittings and lines you want from them...$9.99 for a SS braided line...

BURB-STYLE

WhiTe tRash whEEling
i bought the sky-manuf. kit cause it doesn't use spacers and was only a 100$. 3/8" steel thats been bent on a power brake. mounted up sweet. thanks again for the advice. im glad i found this site you guys know everything.

BURB-STYLE

WhiTe tRash whEEling
supergper did you have a 14ff that you did this on. i was wondering if you knew what part number or anything of what line you used. did it go from the block all the way to the caliper. i don't know much about brakes, so like sizes and fitting's are beyond me. Am i gonna have to piece the lines together so that the calipers retain the banjo fitting and then neck it down to fit in the splice block. thanks for the info.