14 inch barrel for Rem 870

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Does anyone know where I could get a 14 inch barrel for my remington 870 express and a pistil grip? Also is that short of a barrel legal in Utah. I don't use the gun for hunting anymore and would like to turn it into a personal defense weapon for when I go camping.

SWALLDOG

legal is 18" barrell and the way they mesure it is slide the bolt all the way forward and then put a rod down the barrell till it hits the bolt face, mark were the end of the barrell is on the rod, take it out and then mesure the rod. if you want to have shorter barrell, like 14" with a pistol grip, like you have prolly seen around it has to be regestered as a pistol and requires a $5 tax stamp. it will always have to have a pistol grip on it, never a but stock and a required gun shop has to do all the work. my 2 cents, buy on that is already done. impact guns has some so do a few places round slc. or you could just cut it down to 18.5", which is still pretty short. thats one of the ones i run, mosberg 500 w 18.25" barrell. i like it better cus shooting a shotgun w a pistol grip sucks and its hard to be accurate. anyways if ya still what to have it done i know a few places that can do it. just send me a pm. :greg:

spyguy1

Barrel for sale:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=183609996

Process to legally make your short shotgun legal
Step #1 Get a Form 1 (in duplicate) and two fingerprint cards and two 2x2" Passport Photos
Step #2 Have your local chief of police or Sheriff sign the back of your completed Form 1
Step #3 Mail your completed forms, signed by your local Chief Law Enforcement Officer, your two fingerprint cards and two photos to the ATF with a US Postal Money Order for $200.00
Step #4 While you are waiting on your approved stamp, send your receiver to an engraver and have your FULL NAME, CITY and STATE Engraved on it, you will have to have the location of this engraving listed on your FORM 1
Step #5 Wait for the approved stamp, 90 days to 12 months, depending on ATF

Just a Tip, An UNREGISTERED Short Barrel Shotgun or Rifle or ANY unregistered NFA weapon will get you an Automatic Ten Year Jail Sentence and a $250,000 fine. DO NOT LOOSE YOUR RIGHTS by not paying the fee and doing the right thing. The Tax is a one time tax and thats it, NO CLASS 3 License is required, no FFL is required, you can do it yourself.

SO DO NOT ASSEMBLE OR HAVE PARTS IN SAME LOCATION UNTIL FORM IS APPROVED

A Good Engraver to use, who is reputable and cheap and quick turn around :
(It cost me $60.00 shipped to have my 870 SBS engraved)
http://www.orion-arms.com/

Form 1's and Finger Print cards can be obtained here: http://www.atf.gov/forms/dcof/

spyguy1

AOW if you do it yourself is also a $200.00 tax, if you buy an AOW from a Class 3 it is a $5.00 tax, you would be better off just making it a Short barrel shotgun and you can add a stock when you choose.

utah340six

the bad thing is if you just do it and get caught with it it 10 ears and min $10,000.00.
feloney on your record and never own or touch a gun again for he rest of your life.
so do it leagel 18 inches and they ( the feds) dont have your name and number.