For Sale 1965 Chevy II (Nova)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Asking Price
$5500
Condition
Used - Good Condition
I've had my fun with this neat little 1965 Chevy II and now it's your turn!

It's had a lot of work and new parts put into it, but I have bigger projects that I need to focus on. It runs and drives, is pretty reliable and has some killer upgrades. It wouldn't take much to a make it into a really fun cruiser.

The factory engine was replaced with a bigger 250 engine from a truck! It has an HEI distributor for reliable, strong spark. The shifter has been moved from the column to the floor Hurst. The slotted mags fit the look of the car so well!

Here's a list of new parts and work-
  • New tires
  • Polished Slotted Mag wheels
  • All new brakes
  • All rubber brake lines replaced
  • Master cylinder replaced and entire system bled
  • New battery
  • New Water pump
  • Aftermarket Gauges
  • New Starter
  • New Oil and filter
  • New Fuel pump
  • New Spark plugs
  • New Accy Belt
  • New Upper rad hose
  • New Lower rad hose
  • New Aluminum radiator
  • New Gm 1 wire mini alternator
  • New Clutch kit
  • Turned flywheel
  • New Hurst shifter with install kit
  • New inner Fender apron
  • New right Fender
  • New Core support
  • New Valve cover gasket
  • New Spark plug wires
  • New HEI distributor
  • New Transmission seal kit
  • New Headlight adjustment hardware
  • Led headlights

The body it pretty clean, the only real rust is in the trunk floor pan and it's not terrible. There's a dent in the trunk that has been pounded out and some body filler in the passenger quarter panel down low. The floor, rockers, front clip, roof and most of the rear quarters are pretty clean. The trans tunnel needs to be patched up after the Hurst shifter was added.

The paint job is a 30 footer… it's a rattle can job and isn't great, but at least its one color. The car is still the factory Turquoise inside, dash and doors look great.
The interior has been stripped and the seat has foam, batting and a Mexican blanket over it all. The interior will need to be redone at some point, but for now it's comfortable enough to cruise around.

The '65 is more of a neighborhood cruiser right now, not quite daily driver… but it wouldn't take much to get it there.

I'm including a parts car, a 1963 Chevy II…. so all the trim, body panels, interior pieces, etc, etc will be included. The '63 has been parked for 40 years, it has some pretty bad rust on the floor, trunk and quarters. Take what you need and sell the rest!

I'm going to continue working on it, work on the front bumper, headlight bezels, trim, etc.

I also have a 4 wheel disc brake kit I can include… the drums are fine, but discs on all 4 corners would be fun!

I wanted to do a V8 conversion, a LS and overdrive transmission would really turn this into an amazing, fun car.

I have clear titles for both cars.

Located in Grand Junction, CO
$5500 (listed on KSL for $6500)

i-ZSMcFGN-X2.jpg

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
I spotted a 2 door hardtop Chevy II of the same vintage in Mount Pleasant this weekend. It was really hard to resist the temptation to knock on the door and ask if it was for sale.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I’ll be going back to Mount Pleasant fairly soon, so I can go knock if you’re serious.

I'd be willing to get serious about a two door shoebox Nova.

I feel like this could be one of those situations where the family won't sell it because somebody is "going to restore it" at some undetermined point in the future, while it just rots away. I'd also be willing to bet they've had other people knock on their door asking about selling it. I almost feel like it's one of those situations where you show up with a wad of cash in hand and a trailer and tell them, "I will trade you". 😁

I suppose there's no harm in knocking and asking though!