Toyota 1970 fj40 fuel tank

350 fj40

I have a 1970 fj40 that is not feeding fuel, traced back the lines they were clogged, i used some weed eater string to clean the lines. when i followed a line to the side of the tank, It felt as if there is a spring a foot into the tank. wondering if this is the return instead the feed line to the carb? if that is so where is the feed line?

350 fj40

Thanks, why does it feel like there is a spring that i can push in about half an inch ( extends and retracts with the same amount of pressure) about a foot or so into the feed line that is on the driver side of the tank?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Thanks, why does it feel like there is a spring that i can push in about half an inch ( extends and retracts with the same amount of pressure) about a foot or so into the feed line that is on the driver side of the tank?

Not sure, there is a bend, is it possible you are jamming your trimmer line into the bend and its springing back?

350 fj40

Possible didn't think about that, will i be able to siphon out gas through the side if its unclogged or will i need to hook it up to the fuel Pump; thanks for your feed back.

350 fj40

well as it turns out there is some kind of spring there and possibly with a screen on it after using a can of gunk, and a hanger wire the tank is unclogged. for future project's will drain the tank