For Sale - Best Offer 1971 Scout 800B - $3,500 OBO

StrobeNGH

no user title
After sitting for several years, my scout no longer runs and I just don't have the time to get it running again.

Scout has a 305 engine, D44 front and rear axles from a Scout II (shocks not on yet), automatic transmission (4 speed), family roll cage, sliders, crossover steering (installed by Advanced4x4) . . .

I took as many pictures as I could of the components, rust (PO sprayed rust prevention something all over the), etc . . .

It doesn't run, so you will need to make arrangements to get it home. The engine still has spark. I think the fuel pump went out, and the tanks need to be cleaned out, but I could be wrong.

Truck comes with lots of extra parts (extra weather stripping for windows and top, used Wrangler seats, extra heat cores, . . . ) seen in the photos.

Link to pictures
https://picasaweb.google.com/105703...authkey=Gv1sRgCMmU2cXs_5DQ_AE&feat=directlink

mombobuggy

Love early scouts man what a little sweetheart. just imagine how much fun a man could have in this thing. and I really dig the color. Howd you know my favorite color was turquoise. I wish I had room in my garage for this beauty. It is way to sweet to sit outside.

flexyfool

GDW
What is behind the diamond plate on the rear?

How do the doors and windows work?

Bondo?

Power steering. I think I see a pump does it go to a Scout II box?

StrobeNGH

no user title
What is behind the diamond plate on the rear?

How do the doors and windows work?

Bondo?

Power steering. I think I see a pump does it go to a Scout II box?

I can't remember what PO told me about the diamond plate (its been 12 years), but I've never taken it off, so I don't know if it is rusty. There is no sign of rust from the inside (of cab, and of fenders), but I could be missing it. I can pull it off if you like.

Doors work fine, need a heavy hand to close tight.
Windows go down just fine, a little hard getting them up.

I'm not aware of any bondo. Can run a magnet along it if you like.

Yes power steering. Don't know what kind of box, but I assume scout II (PO did conversion) as front and rear axles are scout II.

StrobeNGH

no user title
Pulled the diamond plate off tonight.
I thought I remembered the PO telling me it was in an accident (looks like someone went over the bumper and hit the body) and he put the plate on b/c he didn't want to do the body work to fix it.
There is denting below the reverse light on both sides, and on the drivers side there is a 3" hole from rust. Only the one rusty spot on the body.

I took pictures but my phone (Kies air) isn't letting me send them to my picasa account. I'm happy to text them if anyone wants to see them.

Paudrhound

I think you are asking too much for the economy right now. Few years back you could have gotten that much. my $.02.

gertsch

I'm willing to come out Saturday. It's funny my wife secretively wants an 800 but she won't admit it easily. Let me know. 801-six82-nine7zero0. Text anytime call after 5 I'm more likely to answer.

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I'm willing to come out Saturday. It's funny my wife secretively wants an 800 but she won't admit it easily. Let me know. 801-six82-nine7zero0. Text anytime call after 5 I'm more likely to answer.

That's funny, my wife secretly wants a brand new supercrew F150 with the Ecotech. She keeps saying things like "we can't afford it" and "don't you dare", but I know what she really wants. :)