1979 CJ7

Lifelong Jeeper

I'm posting this for my 17 yr old nephew.

The shortened version of the story is my brother in law took thousands of my nephews dollars and bought a bunch of project cars. One of which is a '79 Cj7. My sister finally kicked him out and is divorcing him. My nephew doesn't have the time or ability to get this Jeep on the road and I'm helping him recoup as much of his money as possible.

The negotiable asking price is $3000, (what they paid). Make an offer or spread the word to friends and family that might be interested. I'd hate to see him scrap it, which is his last resort if it doesn't sell.

The bad:
• parts missing: engine, transmission, transfer case, full interior, glass for the windshield, roll bar, top/doors.

The good:
• The body is in great condition if not excellent
• The tires (boggers) have nearly full tread.
• For $500 there's a 5.2L 96 grand Cherokee with approx 100,000 miles that you could swap the drivetrain into the CJ. The body is shot but it runs great.

It's a great build project for somebody wanting to swap in the drivetrain of their choice.

I'll work on pics.

Ryan
801.556.7969 (call/text)

Last edited:

Lifelong Jeeper

Well never mind if anybody was considering this. I guess my brother in law owed a bunch of money to some guy and gave him this Jeep toward it. #onepissedoffnephew

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I'm guessing this was your nephew's step-dad or something? Not that it matters, sounds like he's a fine piece of work no matter what relation he is/isn't. :mad: