1979 Jeep Cherokee

jeeper12

Madd Matt
freeway speeds I've had it above 85 with lots of power to go, but its only a 3 speed so the rpm's were a little high, it could go to St. George freeway miles per gallon depend on how you feather the throttle, between 10-14mpg. It currently has a quadrajet carb with the wrong metering rods, I bent the tip on one of the two originals while rebuilding it so until I find the replacement it runs a little light on fuel. It acts like it is starving for fuel occasionally, but I am hoping to have found another needle, just need to go check it out when I get back from vacation. There is a small amount of surface rust easily removable, and a hole the size of a small pebble on the bottom of the driver's side kicker panel from the previous owner's off-road excursions into lava rocks. The interior does not have carpet and the seats or starting to split from sitting in the sun, but the padding is still great. Perfect for a set of seat covers :D The dash has a crack right in front of the steering wheel. Also the steering pump has developed a leak, it probably just needs new gaskets. Fuel sending unit doesn't work. I will work on getting more pics up soon.

jeeper12

Madd Matt
It is undergoing a new paint sceme in the next two weeks including some of the interior, and filling the cracks in the dash. Probably going black or charcoal grey.

pELYgroso

'Merica
I went and looked at this, and although it's not exactly what I'm looking for, it is a STEAL a this price! Somebody is going to get a great deal! Cool rig!