For Sale 1980 Jeep CJ5 - no engine

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Asking Price
$1500
Something has to give, while I love the idea of rekindling my old CJ5 memories, I simply have too many irons in the fire. The CJ5 is on the cutting block. :(

1980 CJ5 that originally had the 151 CID GM Iron Duke engine, has the SR4 4 speed manual transmission and Dana 300 transfer case. The axles are Dana 30 front and AMC 20 rear with 4.10 gears. The body is not bad, the PO cut out the rear tailgate area and diamond plated the back and some of the floor. The 4 cyl was yanked out and is long gone.

What's rad is this bellhousing will bolt up to a GM V8 or V6 using a 10.5" clutch. Years ago I ran a built 350 in a '80 CJ5 and it was awesome. A 4.3 Vortec would be perfect in this CJ5!

It comes with a couple Bestop Jeep highback seats, the SR4 trans & Dana 300 t-case (Dana 300 is worth about $600-800 alone these days). It has a 2.5" suspension lift, upgraded shocks and aftermarket shackles. The height looks great for a 5.

The black steel wheels are 16's and the old BFG's are dry rotted, so not much value in them. I may sell it on some junky steel rollers. No top anymore.

Thread and more pics here - https://www.rme4x4.com/threads/1980-jeep-cj5-back-to-the-beginning.120426/

i-Vz8Nfwv-X2.jpg

i-9BdbCrC-X4.jpg

i-Pk3sfLK-X2.jpg

I have a clear title for it.

In GJ, CO