1983 Toyota Truck Short bed SR5 - Original and high optioned First Gen 4WD - Extras!

sixstringsteve

Congrats! I almost called you yesterday to see if you still had it. Now post up some pics of that gorgeous 60 you're building.

SRC

Rolling stock.
Made it home to Michigan! 1538mi. Not one problem. What a great first gen! I'm looking forward to improving an already awesome vehicle. Thank you Kaleb!

SRC

Rolling stock.
The Plan.

What are your plans for it?

Well, I'm going cosmetic first. I have already worked out a plan with my Auto-body-paint-tech.

Kaleb had given me an original Toyota pick up brochure from 1983, as a parting gift, and it has a stunning Charcoal/Dark gray SR5 in it.

I'm going to use that example as a jumping off point for the paint and stripes. The color may vary a little but it'll be great!

The drive-train I'm going to keep as stock as possible and upgrade when parts need to be replaced as necessary. The exception may be a locker or two.

The 2.5" OME springs will go on shortly after the body is done then I'll pick out some wheels and tires that will fit appropriately.

Interior, again keeping it simple, radio and speaker upgrade will be a must...1500 miles with no tuning nobs or back light made up my mind on that.

My goal is to have a stock-ish daily driver with some modern amenities. Nothing to fancy just functional.

sixstringsteve

very cool. That's exactly what I'd do too if I ended up with it. Enjoy it, can't wait to see how it turns out. I found a guy that sells amazing vinyl sr5 stickers (like the stripes on the hood and sides). Just another option if you don't want to paint them on.

themule

Expedition Equipped
Good to hear everything is good and moving forward... I can make the original SR5 stripes as well if anyone wants some. I have owned a sign business for 17 years and have them digitized and can cut any color desired!

Here is a beauty, just for a teaser!

Attachments

• 1982Hilux.jpg
    1982Hilux.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 30

Rattles

Sorry to bring this back from the dead but if I would have saw this way back, it would be sitting in my yard here in Michigan. Nice 1st gens are sooo hard to find here.