1985 Toyota 4Runner

EROK81?

Sell out
As much as I hate to do this, it is time. I drive way too much and take this offroad waaaay too little to justify this vehicle. So, I am selling it.

Details:

Engine: was rebuilt using all genuine Toyota parts (I have the receipts somewhere) by a Toyota tech. It has around 20k on the engine.
LG aftermarket cam and header brand new (less than 200 miles) catalytic converter and cat back with magnaflow muffler.

Drivetrain: Stock Toyota axles with 5:13 ring and pinion. Rear has a detroit. Brand new rear shoes, drums, and one side wheel cylinder. Front has recently rebuilt knuckle wiper kits, trail gear axle truss, and marlin crossover steering with newish ends (about a year old). T-case mounted parking brake.

35x12.50 bfg mud km/t's with less than 10k on them. No cuts, scrapes, or uneven wear. Black steel wheels with 1.5 wheel spacers. Marlin longer rear springs and RUF fronts.

Vehicle leaks zero fluids -all of which were replaced last year. It has a pre-82(?) front grille/headlight conversion. I think I have all of the square stuff if you hate it. All of the electrics work. Lights, signals, horn, even the back window rolls down. :eek:

I think that just about does it. I may have forgotten a few small things, but that's the main stuff. Has aftermarket bumpers and sliders.

The passenger rear fender has some rust, I did a quick fix, it's not the best but it looks better than rust. Other than that it's fairly rust free. No holes or anything all over the place.

I'd like to get 4200 OBO. My number is 801-2437one,one,five

Best way to contact is by text or PM.

thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 127
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 128
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 113
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

EROK81?

Sell out
Oh thanks.

Since it's RME I'll do 4200 to anyone on here.

It's also extremely reliable. It's never broken down on my and cruises at 70-80 on the freeway perfectly smooth.

Last edited:

EROK81?

Sell out
I don't have any interior pictures, but I will post them up tomorrow. I work late tonight and don't think I'll have time. But I'll get them posted tomorrow afternoon.

As for mileage... last time I checked it, it got around 17-18. Surprisingly good for for something with tires that size.

EROK81?

Sell out
I also forgot to add it has all new poly suspension bushings with Dave's Offroad anti death wobble front shackles.

EROK81?

Sell out
okay..interior pics.

Also, I've had a few people look at it and had a questions I didn't put in my ad. So, here are some answers to save time.

The windshield is cracked. It was that way when I bought it. It passes safety since they are on the outer edges of the windshield. I never fixed it because it passed and I had real mods to do. :D

The registration expired in May. I never renewed it - I payed the fees last month but never made it to the inspection place. This is no fault of the 4runner. I am confident it will pass, I just never had the time. I tend to let vehicles expire and take months to register them. I also race bikes so I had borrowed my dads truck for a weekend and ended up keeping it for most of the summer (a lot of riding) so I never registered it.

The rear window interior switch doesn't roll the rear window down it rolls it up though. I never fixed that (probably just the switch) because I always use the outside key to roll it down.

Battery has a hard time starting in the AM when it's cold.

That's about it for now.

Attachments

• CIMG0256.jpg
    CIMG0256.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 63
  • CIMG0258.jpg
    CIMG0258.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 64
  • CIMG0260.jpg
    CIMG0260.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 61
  • CIMG0262.jpg
    CIMG0262.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

EROK81?

Sell out
This thing is in great condition but I need to get rid of it.

I'm dropping the price to 4200.00.

I'll even throw in my hi lift jack. ;)

Last edited:

EROK81?

Sell out
New lower price!!!!

I put a deposit on another car and need to sell this one. So I am dropping it to 4200 OBO! Runs perfect, removable top for summer, reliable, great offroad of course. There isn't a single thing wrong with it and even makes a good daily driver - that's what I use it for. Cruises nice and smooth even at 70 on the freeway.

EROK81?

Sell out
Get it while it's hot!!

The battery is dying. Hard to start in the morning, but it still works (this was getting replaced for the new owner as well but with the price drop...). I was going to bleed the brakes before the new owner picked it up, but I'm not going to with the low price. They work (I've driven them this way for about two weeks) but I live in an apt complex and have to drive to WVC to bleed. It's from the bad wheel cylinder. They don't leak.

3600 bucks!

EROK81?

Sell out
Oh hey. Nice to see you posting here. Yep. The interior isn't too bad. It doesnt have any rear interior panels but it turns out that makes for good storage space. :)