1987 ford 5.0 and AOD

Too Far

parts is parts
***SOLD***

I have a complete 1987 5.0 and AOD for sale.
This motor and tranny were pulled from a running crown vic. As such it is not the HO version from the mustang.
It does have the roller cam block, but I don't know what heads. I'm not sure if this motor has the E7 heads or not.
I have the motor on the engine stand and have pulled the valve covers and oill pan to have a look inside and it seems very clean. I can't find any signs of trouble.
The AOD is there with flexplate and converter, its a car unit so I didn't do anyting with it, but it was from a driveable car.
The motor has the computer, and the complete harness.
alt, ps pump, air pump, fan, starter motor are with the motor as well.

I was going to use this in my 4400 build, but I bought a 32 valve MOD motor and am going to go that way instead.

I need $100 for all this 5.0 stuff. I picked it up cheap and I just want to get my $100 back out.
Please PM me if interested.
Thanks, Chad

Last edited:

Too Far

parts is parts
is the 32 valve MOD motor a ford?

Yes, its the 4.6 liter dohc motor with aluminum block. I got mine from a lincoln mark viii, but it is very similar to the motor in the '96-'98 mustang cobra. Around 300 horse from the factory, but mine will be getting a turbo as well.

ricsrx

Yes, its the 4.6 liter dohc motor with aluminum block. I got mine from a lincoln mark viii, but it is very similar to the motor in the '96-'98 mustang cobra. Around 300 horse from the factory, but mine will be getting a turbo as well.

I have one that i want to get rid of, I recieved it in a trade and am not going to use it, let me know if you need parts or harness.

Diablo4130

I have a complete 1987 5.0 and AOD for sale.
This motor and tranny were pulled from a running crown vic. As such it is not the HO version from the mustang.
It does have the roller cam block, but I don't know what heads. I'm not sure if this motor has the E7 heads or not.
I have the motor on the engine stand and have pulled the valve covers and oill pan to have a look inside and it seems very clean. I can't find any signs of trouble.
The AOD is there with flexplate and converter, its a car unit so I didn't do anyting with it, but it was from a driveable car.
The motor has the computer, and the complete harness.
alt, ps pump, air pump, fan, starter motor are with the motor as well.

I was going to use this in my 4400 build, but I bought a 32 valve MOD motor and am going to go that way instead.

I need $100 for all this 5.0 stuff. I picked it up cheap and I just want to get my $100 back out.
Please PM me if interested.
Thanks, Chad

Still have the engine?