Toyota 1991 4runner chop top

yota boy

no fear yota boy is here
i plan on Chopin my 4runner top and bobbing it 12" at the same time. i want to keep the rear window and keeping the tail gate in the stock location. has anyone done this? ideas on the best way? pictures?

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
roll cage

If you plan to do that you better have a good interior rollcage because the structure will severly compromised, and i have the exact same 4runner and yes i would love 12inchs off the back so let me know how it goes.

NOTATOY

BACKYARD CUSTOMZ
Look on Pirate I know there are several Avalanched style runners. Bobbed runners are my favorite but it would be a job to do a 89+ runner with the full body clean.

yota boy

no fear yota boy is here
i saw some pictures on pirate after i posted this and there was a guy saying that the structural support didn't suffer very much and he had a picture of his runner upside down and only the hood looked very damaged.

yota boy

no fear yota boy is here
ya on pirate they said its a estimated 35-40 hours of work and thats if u know what your doing which isn't my case.soooo i plan on doing this during the spring when i can have time to do it without all the weather. im just wondering what is the best way to keep the glass and seal it all up really well.?

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Robby has done this with his 1st gen 4runner...

There's an awesome build on a 3rd gen that has a removable top.. It's slick. I'll try to dig up photos.

yota boy

no fear yota boy is here
awesome. ya i have seen people bob the first gens all the time. i wish the 90+ had removable tops! that would be awesome.

yota boy

no fear yota boy is here
it still is an electric rear window but mine doesnt work. and because of that i cant open my tailgate and get into the back easily