1993-1998 zj control arm bushings

BlackWiddow

I am in extreem need of replacement control arm bushings for all 8 control arms for my zj. I just bought new tires for my zj and tie rods, and I have 4 bad control arm bushings. So bad that the alignment shop wont touch it! It wanders all over the road and pops when stoping, turning or accelerating from the bad bushings. I have priced the bushings through autozone and ebay and they both want 200+ for them. I have $100 for them if you might have a set sitting around for all 8 control arms. I just moved to logan and winter is just around the corner and the truck isnt safe enough for snow or ice. If you know of a website that would be cheaper, let me know also. Thank you.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Teraflex has a good price on them and they are the long lasting "Clevite" brand. Also, remember to not tighten up your bushings until the vehicle is at right height. That's the number one cause of premature wear on them.

BlackWiddow

May have found the whole set from rockauto for 133 shipped to my door. Have to talk to the wife and see if we can afford the $33 difference. Will keep posted.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Are you wanting to replace the bushings or the entire arms? And are your uppers or lowers worse? I will have to look to see how many I have kicking around, but I have one or two arms and 4 or 5 new bushings.

BlackWiddow

I figure if I am going to replace the 4 that are bad I might as well do all 16 bushings. The arms are a little rusty, but in otherwise good shape. I would need all 16 bushings, or all 8 control arms. Just want the slop to go away, and the alignment to be on and true.

BlackWiddow

black_ZJ....do you by any chance have the front upper bushings, the ones that go on the axle? I am going to be in that area on sat. to help someone strip there zj parts truck and i'm getting all the control arms from the parts truck, but still need the front uppers. let me know. if not I can just order them from autozone. TX.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
black_ZJ....do you by any chance have the front upper bushings, the ones that go on the axle? I am going to be in that area on sat. to help someone strip there zj parts truck and i'm getting all the control arms from the parts truck, but still need the front uppers. let me know. if not I can just order them from autozone. TX.

I have a new pair of Clevite upper bushings you can have for $30, they cost $18 each new plus taxes and driving to Teraflex and back.