1996 Chevy 2500 Body and Frame

Zac001

So its looking like here after a little bit im going to be ending up with a 96 bowtie extended cab 2500.. i have no use for the truck itself so i will be pulling the motor and possible the transmission and a few things here and there that i may want for my own truck and projects. But the body itself i no need or want.. Ive never tried selling just a shell of a truck ( i guess thats the appropriate term? correct me if im wrong) so im just wondering for any advice as to how much to ask for it or how much should i accept. the body is in pretty good condition it is a 96 hasnt been driven in a few years from what i understand but all around a great truck to make into someones project rig.... thanks for the advice in advance

Zac001

Please list a price and location, per the RME Classified Rules.

See the thing is i dont know what to ask I've no experience in this subject. I've never tried buying or selling just a shell... im just asking questions to gain some understanding when it comes to this.... ill have pics up here soon i believe its red... well some of it.. just an old truck my friend had that im going to be getting. i would have posted this in an appropriate thread but didnt know where to do it.. so sorry im not the best with these kind of things.

but im in Roy Utah

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
In that condition, it's worth it's weight in scrap. Maybe $150.

If you have the time, and want the most out of it, selling off the parts will be the best way. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone looking for an entire truck shell.

Rock Taco

Call a few wrecking yards and ask them what they want for one. Then cut that in half and you should be about right. When I was pricing my Tacoma cab the local wrecker wanted 1500 for a bare cab (no glass, doors interior, etc.) I found mine for a much more reasonable price. I would imagine there is not much demand for these so when a buyer comes along be ready to negotiate unless you want to hold on to it for a while.