1997 TJ

RockChucker

I'm listing this for my brother. Unfortunately he has some hefty expenses right now and it is time for him to sell this. It has been a solid Jeep. It is built right.

1997 TJ frame and tub
1999 4.7L V8 out of a WJ with 45RFE trans
This is emissions compliant and has no problem at any inspection station. The check engine light is functional and the obd2 port is hooked up and operational.

231 transfer case with a TeraFlex 2 low kit and someone's version of a short shaft.

The front axle is a high pinion 44 that is 63" wide and has 3" x .5" wall tubes. 4.56 gears, an ARB and chromoly shafts round out the package. One side has a CTM installed. Still has the other one. Just need to get it warrantied or rebuilt. It also has warn premium hubs. The axle is trussed and set up using factory style brackets. It also has cross over steering.

The rear is a ford 9" with 4.56 gears, an ARB and disc brakes. It is trussed.

The TeraFlex suspension is 9 months old. It is their Pro LCG kit that has been slightly modified to work with the changed steering geometry. The front axle has been pushed forward around 2 inches. The rear is a triangulated 4 link while the front is a 4 link with a panhard bar. This also has Tera's speedbumps front and rear. 3" travel in the front and 4" travel in the rear. The rear kit is frenched into the frame and corrects the coil spring angle that plagues TJs. These have been set up right and uptravel has been maximized. Everything clears at full bump. The jeep has the belly up skid plate included in the LCG kit.

The wheels and tires are dick cepek dc2s wrapped in 37" original Mtrs with ~75-80% tread.

Poison spyder tube fenders in the front.
Full steel corner armor on the rear.
Custom cage
Rock sliders
Warn M8000 winch
I believe the tire carrier is one that Beach built when he had his shop open.
Taurus fan
K&N air filter
New plugs this year
Mudflaps to support the mudflap industry
TeraFlex S/T sway bar
Durango steering box (poor mans PSC box)
HID head lights
LED strips along underside of tub for rock lights (super bright)
Bestop Supertop in good condition
98xxx miles on the motor.

Like I said, this has been a killer Jeep. It flat works. And it gets in the low 20s for fuel mileage. My brother has done everything to this Jeep. A previous owner did the motor swap, but the wiring was a nightmare and my brother spent a lot of time worshipping wiring diagrams to fix everything. It doesn't have any electrical gremlins whatsoever. The axles were both swapped in about 9 months ago when he did the suspension.

My brother is into this an awful lot more money than he is asking. If you took a Jeep to a shop and had it built you would be knocking on the door of $50k. My brother understands the Jeep thing and realizes he is gonna take a hit. But school is (among other things) expensive and other things are more important than wheelin. He is asking $16,000 obo.

Call or text him for more pics and info.

Russ

And if he doesn't answer or reply in a timely manner, feel free to bug me and I'll get on his case and tell him to answer his phone

Dave

During lift install. Making sure track bar and drag link are parallel.

Lifelong Jeeper

Sucks to see good ole "Russty" go. (Because of its color and owners name is Russ, body is in great shape). Bump for a great and well built Jeep.

Lifelong Jeeper

This Jeep drives excellently both on and off road. Great care was put into the details to ensure such when this Jeep was built. If you notice in the picture above that the draglink and trackbar are dead-on parallel. It really is well worth your time to go look at it. I'll have Russ or his brother post up on here with more details.

RockChucker

This thing drives down the street with zero bump steer and has never had death wobble. Like was said above, extreme care was taken when this Jeep was built to ensure it would drive well. The goal for this Jeep is for it to be a jack of all trades. As such, it does everything well. I would argue that this drives better than a stock TJ. The track bar and drag link are much more heavy duty than factory TJ parts. This stiffened everything up nicely and it is noticeable in the handling department. This Jeep will cruise comfortable at 85 mph and still have left over power to get around people that aren't going that fast.

This really is worth your time to come look at. You might think the price is high for the year, but when you look at the whole package, you can't even come close to having this jeep built for twice the asking price. My brother Russ and I built this. It was the 4th Jeep we have built where the axles were swapped and the suspension redone. Also the 4th to use the TeraFlex LCG system. The geometry works. Teraflex did a lot of R&D on the lift, and it shows when you are driving the Jeep to the mall or out on the trail.

Russ is getting hitched here in about 2 weeks and really needs this thing to move. Come look at it. He is willing to make a deal.