For Sale 1998 Dodge 2500 Cummings-221k miles, fresh auto trans etc

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Asking Price
$10800
Condition
Used - Good Condition
This really is one of the betterer trucks I’ve had. It is an auto and a Dodge but I already took care of the auto for you. Fresh trans in Sept. Truck runs awesome (as only a Cummings can). This one only gets about 19-20 mpg how I drive. I mostly drive the freeway.

Interior is in good/excellent shape. No weird tricks to get it started or anything. Setup with air bags and camper hold downs. Seats and carpet are in good shape. I think the dash mat has been in the dash since ‘98? I think the Rubbermaid mats have been in the carpet since then as well?

Exterior has a few minor dents but is in good shape over all. 2BD93AF9-A064-4ED2-B26A-8642DD0A3BE8.jpegD2F31394-D0E3-45E6-A3AA-CFFAB71EAD8D.jpegCA3EF35B-E23B-46F6-9AE5-5398381A1468.jpeg0FD01640-2FB0-4413-BD92-C16223B74A70.jpeg255715BB-342E-41ED-B11E-0676E651EA24.jpegD3DB6FEA-06ED-4406-B46F-2911ED63D888.jpeg3B7EB3F0-C13A-42A5-82D5-9E3E08585B79.jpeg7CF7095A-193C-4D3F-8C75-8021764A7723.jpeg

Truck has a Rhino’d bed AND a bed mat. It’s not been beat. Good, clean solid older truck.

Has Edge with Attitude (for the tow mode and EGT, speed, trans temp, and fuel pressure. Customizable display to your taste). Tymar intake and 4” exhaust that I added ( Still had stock exhaust until a year ago). FASS fuel pump, steering box brace and freshish injector pump. Have a LOT of receipts from previous owner.

Pics from this past fall. Hasn’t changed much (if any).

mesha

By endurance we conquer
That is a sweet truck!
How does it do with the camper in the bed while pulling a jeep behind it?

pELYgroso

'Merica
Very interested. I'm looking for a truck that will be a reliable tow rig for my dump trailers. Would this be a good one to let my driver use? My main concern with the chip is that somebody would be tempted to hot rod it around. Is it THAT kind of chip, or more mild? What I don't want is a truck that my driver will have to be particularly "careful" with how he drives to not ruin the engine/ tranny (beyond a normal respect for a company vehicle). What do you think?

mbryson

Supporting Member
Very interested. I'm looking for a truck that will be a reliable tow rig for my dump trailers. Would this be a good one to let my driver use? My main concern with the chip is that somebody would be tempted to hot rod it around. Is it THAT kind of chip, or more mild? What I don't want is a truck that my driver will have to be particularly "careful" with how he drives to not ruin the engine/ tranny (beyond a normal respect for a company vehicle). What do you think?

He could definitely turn the chip up to "hot rod" it. I'd remove it for corporate use unless you were able to hold the employee responsible in some manner. The chip is easy to remove and for a company truck with a driver that wouldn't care much about longevity and such, I'd pull it off and put the truck back to stock. Might take about 45 minutes or so to pull out of the engine bay? I used the same programmer on my 7.3L and did tinker with it quite a bit. It can add a fair amont of power/smoke which I don't believe to be good for the injectors/engine or the transmission (Dodge or Ford).

pELYgroso

'Merica
I don't think my driver would tinker with whichever setting it's on, I just don't want him to worry about EGT's or any special adjustments to driving above normal responsible-ish driving. If the chip on a low setting will help a bunch with towing and economy but not require driving differently than "normal" to keep the truck in one piece, I might leave it on. Or, if the truck in stock form will happily tow a full 8-12k dump trailer around (mostly) Utah County, maybe it would be better to take it off and reduce liability....Do you think having the chip on there increases the longevity of the truck? Or just helps tune it for specific needs but longevity stays the same?

mbryson

Supporting Member
I like it on "2" mode which is towing. It sets the shift points a little higher and gives a little earlier fuel to get the load moving a little faster. The EGT and trans temp is a good monitoring system as well. I think it'll pull fine without the chip, I just like the chip for the transparency and the shift point adjustment.

I would guess the former? Depends on how you want to think about it. If the trans is slipping less due to the shift points being adjusted, I would think it would add to the longevity.

Agility Customs

Vendor
the juice with attitude chip taps into the injector pump wire to add more fuel. You can unhook that wire and still have all the benefits of the chip without worrying about overfueling and running hot. The chip will still adjust shift points and add timing but wont add fuel. It will essentialy be the same thing as an Edge EZ but with gauges.

mbryson

Supporting Member
This will go on KSL PDQ. Save me the texts and no shows? (....and trade offers for a bag of popcorn, clapped out but "rust free" '71 Biscayne wagon with all original six cylinder, and a promise to pay for three months but I don't have nothing to put down)