1998 Jeep Cherokee

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
1998 jeep cherokee sport. $4,000.00 Firm
199k miles, 4.0, auto, 4x4, AC

This was my camping rig for the last 5 years, its been very reliable and I have gone though just about everything since I have owned it. It has taken me all over from arizona to colorado and montana. It has been very reliable and I have upgraded most aspects of it to make it that way while being comfortable for my family and I. It will drive down the highway no problem at 75 and do any moderate trail or exploring you wish to do

The Good

4.0 liter
Automatic transmission with 80k miles
231 transfer case with slip yoke eliminator
dana 30 front
dana 44 rear with lockright locker and disc brakes 3.55 gears in both
dual batteries, upgraded v8 zj alternator, new starter
Front arb bumper with warn 8000 pound winch
Rear swingaway bumper with hi lift mount, tire mount and 3 scepter can mount
rock sliders and frame stiffeners, all welded
90 percent 31x10.50 bfg at ko's with off brand full size spare
old man emu heavy duty front lift springs and spacers, teraflex short arms, jks front sway bar disconnects
Rear old man emu springs with add a spring. Shackles and hd offroad shackle relocation kit to get proper shackle angle
electrical ran to the rear with 2 cigarette light adapters
Lebaron hood vents
Pioneer cd player and upgraded speakers

Known little issues

When I did the dana 44 swap, I bought e brake cables, but never really adjusted them or got them to work properly.
Rear axle seeps a little oil out one axle seal every couple trips. Not enough for me to really get in there with my schedule
Has an exhaust leak somewhere up by the manifold, it quiets down to almost nothing after about 3-4 minutes
Passenger window switch sometimes won't roll down the pass side window, it works off the master switch, I also have a new switch to put in.
Body has some small dents and pinstriping, but overall is in pretty decent shape.

Random outing pictures, I will post detailed up to date pictures from yesterday when I get home

Last edited:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I got 22 highway last time I took it down to the vegas area. Usually pulls 14-16 fully loaded for a 4-5 day trip with my drawer system, 15 gallons of extra fuel, water etc

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
btt, did I mention this has an upgraded headlight harness, ipf lenses and silver star bulbs. Easily twice as bright as stock

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I'm really liking that rear bumper. I looked around for a dual swinger for my JK but can't find one. Yours must be diy?