1998 Toyota 4Runner CLEAN

Coco

1998 4runner. VERY CLEAN, and runs and drives great! Time to start working for a truck and trailer and an offroad rig. (MIGHT consider a trade for a full size truck and/or trailer)

3.4L V6 w/ 203K and counting w/ fresh Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic oil and a Toyota filter
Great shifting Manual transmission

Truck has the sport hood, but is not a sport (no locker) interior is spotless and is a non smoker! This 4runner has it sits has done Hells Revenge, but thats really it then a little tinkering at little moab. I haven't really done much offroad with it, mostly because it doesnt have armor and I really don't want to beat it up. I have babied this truck since I have owned it, and it has always been well maintained, and washed thoroughly often.

Truck now has brand new Rubicon Take offs (32" BFG M/Ts) on the pro comp wheels pictured. I will try to get pics up today of how it looks now. Truck also has brand new brakes on all 4 corners. Pads, rotors, shoes, and drums were all changed. This thing drive beautifully down the road with no viberations, or issues.

I have done some cosmetic work to the truck, but nothing major. I was ultimately going to SAS it and build it, but I think I am going to go another route. The stuff I have done is I replaced the headlights with IPF Fatboy units, and new clear housings that I painted black. I also added some red LED strips inside the housing for kicks. I also painted the grille, and did the grill emblem. This truck is a looker for sure, but it is ready to go on a long road trip expedition!! It will come with a 10" sub with amp known as a "bass box" I guess, and the stereo is an aftermarket with CD/iPod jack.

***IF Buyer is interested, I will include some TG Rock Assault Taco/4runner width housings that are bare (front is passenger drop) for more $$$$ (look below for pricing)***

I am sure I am forgetting something, but that is the jist of it.

I am asking $7500 OBO for the 4runner only, $8600 with the TG housings. That is including $100 off (just as if you ordered a pair of housings)

Text/Call 801-473-eight148
or PM.

256c1e51.jpg

20653012.jpg

11f88900.jpg

e1e7ad83.jpg

b1333bba.jpg

5ed8cdc6.jpg

ed278a16.jpg

f8cae144.jpg

7da18246.jpg

b7085efc.jpg

72d454b3.jpg

671b1d54.jpg

491fef8c.jpg

a8c7ea45.jpg

7e819a4a.jpg

0ad7437f.jpg

ac61d81c.jpg

8b623c99.jpg

82523a59.jpg

Last edited:

94krawler

Did a lot of these come with manual transmissions? I swear i mostly see automatics. I don't mean to hijack your thread, but are the automatics in the 3rd gen v6 4runners and tacomas reliable and handle off road use and abuse well? Or do people want to avoid them?

sixstringsteve

Did a lot of these come with manual transmissions? I swear i mostly see automatics. I don't mean to hijack your thread, but are the automatics in the 3rd gen v6 4runners and tacomas reliable and handle off road use and abuse well? Or do people want to avoid them?

They're rare in the runners. A lot of people prefer the manuals. They're beefy and can definitely handle offroad use.

94krawler

They're rare in the runners. A lot of people prefer the manuals. They're beefy and can definitely handle offroad use.

Yeah i haven't seen very many in the 4runners. I definitely prefer a manual though. Were you saying the automatics are beefy and can handle offroad use, or were you talking about the manuals?

sixstringsteve

I was saying the manuals are beefy. Honestly, the manuals AND the autos are beefy. I wouldn't hesitate to run either one offroad. But keep in mind that I'm a toyota junkie, so my opinions are biased.

Coco

Ya it shifts great, and works great as well! Does well offroad for being a stock vehicle. (The previous owner did tell me that it had a 2" lift, but I dont think it does [still has all the bilstein factory toyota suspension components])

redneckbronco

Hey, are you and SixString in some sort of car selling competition? becuz if you are your loosing. And why are you trying to sell Seans rims with your ride? I have driven this (with out permission of course) and it is a nice ride, just think you oughta build it tho.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

We're just giving you crap so you'll com wheeling with us more. Is it working? :D

Did it come with those headlights or did you add them? Are they an LED inside the headlight? I've never seen that before. Bump for a clean rig.

Coco

This rig has done Hells... Think I have wheeled more than you have in the last year Scott... Your samurai seems to always be down, or doing front dig burn outs in our parking lot till you break something.

They are aftermarket lights I tore apart, painted, and added the LED strips. The bulbs are IPF Clear Fatboys. Nice bright lights. The LEDs are on a separate switch so you don't get in trouble with the law. It was a "just cause" kinda thing.

sixstringsteve

interesting. I've never seen anything like that. Did you have to drill into the housings to get the LEDs in there?

are those wheels on it 16s or 17s?

Coco

interesting. I've never seen anything like that. Did you have to drill into the housings to get the LEDs in there?

are those wheels on it 16s or 17s?

The wheels on it are 16s.

I took the lens off and put them in that way (when I painted the housing) I then drilled a small hole for the wires, then siliconed the hole to keep it water tight.

[YOUTUBE]HI4ErrG3DO4[/YOUTUBE]

redneckbronco

The lights are pretty sick. It did do Hells but it got hicentered on a rock in one of the easy sections.:D but the RC car it carried around climbed some sick walls.

Coco

Bump

She's ready for the road, and your next expedition!!!

She now has new Rubicon takeoffs (32" BFG M/Ts) on those Pro Comp wheels, and brand new brakes on all four corners! (pads, rotors, shoes, drums) Drives BEAUTIFULLY down the road!

Coco

Bump, come take a look!! She is VERY CLEAN!!

Would make an AWESOME EXPO rig, or buy it with the housings, and build it!