2 million miles, a cake, and not really a pay cut.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
That's cool. So the quickest way to drive for Walmart is to work as a cashier or something for a year then apply to the a2d program and spend 3 months with you.

Is it pretty competitive to get accepted into the program? Maybe weighted based on time with the company.

Interesting. I'm impressed by the willingness of walmart to give opportunities for additional training and advancement from within. Maybe this is all just propaganda though. Are you required to share this stuff as part of your job? 😂

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Right? The media has made sure we only heard bad things about how Walmart treats their employees. Is @Hickey just a plant in our community to convince us otherwise?

It really does sound like a good program.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
That's cool. So the quickest way to drive for Walmart is to work as a cashier or something for a year then apply to the a2d program and spend 3 months with you.

Is it pretty competitive to get accepted into the program? Maybe weighted based on time with the company.

Interesting. I'm impressed by the willingness of walmart to give opportunities for additional training and advancement from within. Maybe this is all just propaganda though. Are you required to share this stuff as part of your job? 😂
Technically it could be faster to hire on at Walmart, then apply to A2D after a year. There are a few things that could delay your access to A2D. There has to be a driver position open at your nearby DC, you could be too far down the list for applicants if too many people apply for that session.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Right? The media has made sure we only heard bad things about how Walmart treats their employees. Is @Hickey just a plant in our community to convince us otherwise?

It really does sound like a good program.
It does feel a little like I was sent back to Bentonville for reeducation camp. 😂 My love for the company has certainly been renewed.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I think this is trending the wrong way.. you should go for 1 larger system.. like a tractor loader bucket. Similar to a FYTO fire. More room for everyone around the same fire, not more small fires.
We’re too spread out to benefit from a single larger device, but I hope to start work on the 48” steel ball of fire in a couple weeks.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I really am stoked for you that you're enjoying the new gig. You deserve it after all those miles!

KSL heard us talking about it the employees though. The comments are great
Yeah we talked with a guy today who is quoted in that article. Cedric was a cool guy to meet.
Cedric is the gentlemen in this photo on the right edge in the back. He’s standing next to me on my left. Really nice guy.

IMG_6960.jpeg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Here’s a really cool thing about Home Office. The first thing you see when you enter the building is this massive painting of a famous Walmart photograph.

IMG_6942.jpeg

This copy of the original painting is hanging in Doug’s office. The artist is Brendan O’Connell.
The original photo was taken when our loaded trucks arrived in New Orlean’s to provide aid the the people affected by Hurricane Katrina. Our trucks arrived before FEMA and the National Guard arrived on scene. It was an awesome demonstration of our company culture and our core values.

Home Office has a few hundred oil paintings by O’Connell, and this next painting is why. IMG_6927.jpeg

Some years ago, an artist was kicked out of a Walmart Store over concerns of trademark/copyright violations. Someone at Home Office heard about the problem later on and contacted Brendan O’Connell with a few questions. It turns out that O’Connell had noticed the culture our company and was painting a series based on that.

O’Connell was immediately commissioned by Walmart to continue to build on his Walmart series. http://www.brendanoconnell.com/

It’d be cool if that same thing happened to @Cody and his recent problem with a corporate entity.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
So I got my bonus number back today for my first full bonus year. I had to edit the thread title because of that.

I didn’t get the 100% bonus target. I got substantially more than that. In fact, I just realized that my last yearly bonus as a driver was the same amount as this bonus was over the 100% target amount.

The pay cut doesn’t exist anymore.

IMG_7163.jpeg

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
So I got my bonus number back today for my first full bonus year. I had to edit the thread title because of that.

I didn’t get the 100% bonus target. I got substantially more than that. In fact, I just realized that my last yearly bonus as a driver was the same amount as this bonus was over the 100% target amount.

The pay cut doesn’t exist anymore.

View attachment 170425
Congrats and Uncle Sam says “thanks”