2 or 4 inch Bump Stops?

midog

I am trying to decide what to get? I am running coilovers with 5 - 6" of bump in the front and 6 - 7" in the back.

Any experience would be helpful!

Hunt

Go with the 2". I have 4" bump and feel like I am riding them all the time. Especially if you have your spring rates setup correctly 2" is plenty.

midog

That is one of the questions I had, It seems like the people who ride them with 4” of travel depend on them as part of their “standard suspension” . The fact is they are meant to be “bump stops” separate from your main suspension.

I have talked with a couple people that say buy the 4” one and you can limit the travel in them with spacer rings. Others say get the 2” because it is annoying hearing them constantly clanking against the axle.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
That is one of the questions I had, It seems like the people who ride them with 4” of travel depend on them as part of their “standard suspension” . The fact is they are meant to be “bump stops” separate from your main suspension.

I have talked with a couple people that say buy the 4” one and you can limit the travel in them with spacer rings. Others say get the 2” because it is annoying hearing them constantly clanking against the axle.

You can limit the 4" easily enough, and if you buy a 3" it will be exactly a 4" bump with a limiter. The 2" or 2.5" bumps will be in a shorter body though, if you have limited space that might be something to consider.