Jeep 2000 Jeep TJ 5.3 Swap

JeepinGuru

Show em ( o Y o )
A friend of mine asked me to do a motor swap in his '00 TJ currently has the 4.0 and NV3500 showing 42k on the mileage. Going in will be a 2006 5.3 with 4L60E (58,261 miles on them) and will keep the 231. Ill show making everything that I possibly can for this swap to save on cost that includes making new harness, motor mounts ect. so figured I'd post up the process here of the swap here as I go and ill try to take as many pics / details as possible for anyone else thinking about doing this motor swap.
One thing that had to be purchased was the tcase adapter, went with the Advanced Adapter Kit #50-0430 from summitracing for $473.44 and free shipping. Sent the trans to local shop to have the new tail shaft installed that cost was $100.00 and said the internals looked great.

IMAG1249.jpg

Basic Tear Down
DSC00032_small.jpg
DSC00031_small.jpg
DSC00036_small.jpg
DSC00034_small.jpg
DSC00046_small.jpg
DSC00052_small.jpg

Old mounts removed
DSC00054_small.jpg

Last edited:

JeepinGuru

Show em ( o Y o )
i know he wants to sell trans, but he's unsure on the price neither one of us know the going rate on a fairly low mileage nv3500, so he was gonna do some looking around to see what they go for.

UFAB

Have fun with the dssh gauges. Remember the GM computer is digital tach. Making a speedo and tach driven gauges super pricey.

Fuel pump. The 05 tj one works. Swap in a new tank

Rear driveshaft length. . Front 2 piece

Super sized radiator fitment

Shifter

Fun times..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

JeepinGuru

Show em ( o Y o )
Been a little bit for updates so here's the latest, me and this guys work laid off 60% of its work force and changed the rest of our schedules around to crazy shifts so not alot has been done in the stress and getting used to the new schedule so here's what ive got done in what little spare time Ive had....

IMAG1404.jpg
LS Harness....

IMAG1432.jpg
Labeling Pins..
IMAG1433.jpg
All wires labeled and sorted
IMAG1445.jpg
Engine Installed and working on wiring..:greg: