Jeep 2000 tj lift kit what to buy.

rxcarl5

I just bought a 2000 tj and am not sure what lift to do. I know I want to go with a long arm setup and between 35-37 inch tires. Any suggestions would be helpful. And if you want to give reasons why to go with that lift that would be great. Thanks in advance.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Teraflex makes a nice kit but they are kinda pricey i have heard good things about the clayton set-ups also but never personnaly ran one.

Are you looking to stretch the wheelbase at all or just want a good bolt on lift kit???

thenag

Teraflex makes a nice kit but they are kinda pricey i have heard good things about the clayton set-ups also but never personnaly ran one.

Are you looking to stretch the wheelbase at all or just want a good bolt on lift kit???

I am building up a 99 cherokee and (after much debate and research) have settled on the Clayton Pro series lift.

I don't know anyone who has run any lift kit but the Clayton's seem to come up as the most expensive but one of the best. The Clayton's also seem to be more complete kits.

so yeah nothing really to add

nathan
99 xj dual batteries, 136 amp alt, york oba

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
There are a few kits out there that are nice, but you'll pay for it. I'm not sure if I think they are worth the money you'll shell out though.;) Rubicon Express' long arm kits are not bad (I'm not a fan of the radius arm setup, but they work.) Clayton's kits are good (albeit uglier than homemade sin...) TeraFlex has a fairly good design in their Pro LCG kit as well.

If you're after functionality (on and off road) stay away from the Rancho, Skyjacker, ProComp, Superlift, Tuff Country... They work, but are very lack-luster in the performance category.

If you want to die on the trail/highway, then go with a Rock Krawler kit. They are awesome!:ugh:

There are tons more out there, this is just my opinion on the few that I am familiar with.

gertsch

nth degree has a sweet kit, tnt customs, teraflex, clayton offroad. those are the companys i'd choose from if i could do it all over again. they all of there goods and there bads. just depends on ur major goal in the end.

bamacpl

-Pro rock 60's front & rear /5.38/ ARB's Front & Rear
-Gen Right comp corners
-Rear Stretch/RCI Fuel cell/custom LA's Front & Rear
-Fox 3.0 7/8, shaft 12"-14" coilovers
-AtlasII

........that should get ya started:D

rxcarl5

Hey Bryson I didn't know if anyone I knew would respond. This is wade. You know what I had for my old jeep yj and a little of my driving style. Would you suggest any kit differently then what you already had for me? Or is there a local shop doing custom work anymore that would be good to get one built through?

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
rock crawler 4.5 inch long arm lift best i have found but not cheap, it sets the front and rear up for a trianglated 4 link all for about 2500 bucks

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Hey Bryson I didn't know if anyone I knew would respond. This is wade. You know what I had for my old jeep yj and a little of my driving style. Would you suggest any kit differently then what you already had for me? Or is there a local shop doing custom work anymore that would be good to get one built through?

Well now that you have a TJ, can I have your YJ?:p Are you replacing the YJ, or just building a milder trail machine?

The kit I've had the most experience with is the Tera Pro LCG, and it seems to hold up to your driving "style" fairly well. The nicest part about that kit is that your warranty and tech department are very close. I think the Pro LCG gets my vote.

As far as custom shops, there are fewer and fewer around that I'd trust with anything of mine... If Ben Hanks Racing is still taking new jobs, I'd start there.

As far as the Nth Degree stuff goes, It just seems ridiculously over-complicated to me. It's like comparing PeeWee Herman's method for making breakfast to pouring myself a bowl of Mr. T cereal. They both work, but one is a bit more practical.;)

Heres a link for those of you who are behind the curve...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVdqwD_bcPs

rxcarl5

I wish I still had the yj but like a fool I sold it a couple of years ago.
I guess im just starting to build a dependable on road/off road capable rig. I'll have to check out the Teraflex kits again. These dang coil spring settle just aren't my style yet. I'm gonna learn though for sure.

Bart

Nth Degree is now part of AEV, thus equals EXPENSIVE and there were parts of it I didn't like. Rubicon Express is in the middle of re-organizing so I'd stay clear of them until you know more. I wasn't that thrilled with there left either. I ran a Tera LCG Pro on my stretched LTJ and loved it. Great articulation and worked well. I have the rear of a GenRight kit on my current TJ and it's working well. Still need to do the front.

RockChucker

i have a Pro LCG on my TJ, and i have no complaints about it. The only problems i have had were from installer error (me) haha. it flexes well, is very stable, and it drives down the road very well. and if you are here local, like bryson said, it makes even more sense. warranty issues can be handled in person. it gets my vote.

ichi-san

Earthbound Misfit
I ran the 4.5" Rubicon Express Long Arm on my '99 TJ and was very pleased. With no body lift, 33" tires would rub a little at full flex. My only complaint would be the Jeep did not want to climb when ALL the weight was on the rear. Stock wheel base.

mierdota

I Can put a custom kit together for you I drill and tap all my arms instead of the weld in ends, I dont do installs just build the parts let me know if you want more info.