2001 F-350 Ford Solid Axle Dana 50

JIMBOB

This is a 2001 Ford F-350 solid axle dana 50. It is 69.5" wms to wms. 8x170mm bolt pattern, 30 spline outers 35 spline inners. It's got a 9" ring gear compared to the 9.75" D60. Complete from hub to hub (missing external lockouts). Asking $600 OBO. Call or text if interested. 801-232-4291
2.jpg

Last edited:

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Are you certain it has 35 spline inners? Stock Super Duty Dana 50s have 30 spline inners. It is possible to retrofit 35 spline shafts into a 50, but not without a fair amount of work.

Anyways, they are tough axles for sure. Good luck with the sale. :)

UFAB

All d50 front axles are 30 spline inner and outer.

I have a set of 4.88 gears for that axle.

D60 super duty have a 1 5/16 pinion nut

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

JIMBOB

You are right, it is 30 spline inners. I was reading a thread on Pirate 4x4 that was saying that the superduty 50's were 35 spline inners, I guess someone was confused. I pulled one out just to verify and it is 30 spline. Probably not worth $600 in that case though. Does anybody want a really big Dana 44? :p Make me an offer. Maybe you could even snag the 4.88's from UFAB. If not, I may use it to make a Dana 50/60/9 inch hybrid. The superduty solid 50's use the same 1480 u-joints as the Dana 60. So I'm thinking 35 spline inners from a dana 60, 35 spline 9 inch spool, and everything from the inner C's out on a 9 inch housing. That would be sweet!

Last edited:

flexyfool

GDW
Are you certain it has 35 spline inners? Stock Super Duty Dana 50s have 30 spline inners. It is possible to retrofit 35 spline shafts into a 50, but not without a fair amount of work.

Anyways, they are tough axles for sure. Good luck with the sale. :)

What does it take to put 35 spline inner shafts into a Dana 50?

UFAB

A 9 inch center drop out with 35 spline carrier

Unit bearing outers make it a 69er.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

JIMBOB

There's a thread on here called "Superduty Dana 60/50 specs," where Gravy says that there are 35 spline lockers available for the solid 50. I haven't found anything yet but I'll keep looking. Maybe I'll PM him and see if he has more details.

Even the 50's are beefier axles than most would lead you to believe and yes you can get lockers that will allow off the shelf 35 spline inners to fit the 50.

JIMBOB

Ah Ha! So apparently you can get an ARB for the Dana 50 and have them swap out the side gears for 35 spline instead of 30 spline. Now that's got me wondering if you could do this with other lockers or even the stock carrier? I wonder how much of a difference there is between Dana 60 and Dana 50 side gears? If you could swap to 35 spline shafts relatively cheap it would basically be like a 609 hybrid without having to buy a True Hi9 third member since everything else is the same as a Dana 60 from knuckles out. The only weak point would be the pinion shaft.

Last edited: