2001 Ford E350 Super Duty EB Cheap!

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
Bought this a few years ago to test out van traveling/not sleeping in tents on the rocky ground. Turns out we love it, so we are selling this one to buy a tall top van because that's what we feel we are missing, room to stand up. $3000 OBO

kffTO0i.jpg

YPXVO2g.jpg

RAToMB9.jpg

Compared to Sprinter in California
GiS0EGG.jpg

R2xGzdk.jpg

Rcl1SuJ.jpg

Rcl1SuJ.jpg

Carries bikes easily, you barely notice they are back there.
Gyg4ZqL.jpg

mF1Z7Is.jpg

Above photo before lift.
ieElrEy.jpg

This is how vehicles are often delivered, right?
iilDNk2.jpg

How it looked before facelift and rebuild. Interior looked like a wolverine attacked it, and the driver crashed into a wall.
cNdFdGM.jpg

Also good for hanging hammocks in. We hang two in an X pattern, and camp that way. Room for several more on the floor and seat.

It's got cosmetic damage, it was well used here in Utah. We camp/recreate out of it.

High points:
-Lifted 2.5-3 inches
-265 Terra Grapplers
-Aluminum wheels
-New Heater core
-All windows that you can get tilt out, we have
-two rows of seats in the back
-vinyl floor (so easy to clean!)
-rear heat/AC with rear controls
-Pretty standard aftermarket CD/FM stereo with aux input
-Extra power outlets around inside of van
-tow hitch
-step bumper
-Four extra steel wheels with ordinary boring street tires
-Full size spare under rear
-Two year old front cloth seats from a GM crossover vehicle (really comfortable)
-Power windows and locks
-Super Duty! Whatever that means to you. I think it might be a one ton rating. Rides much better than a one ton F series though
-updated front suspension parts including all arms and most steering components, wheel bearings, brakes. The late model stuff moves better, and was easier to work with, I bought new take offs from the shop in town that converts vans to 4x4.
-barn doors on side, not the slider
-recent windshield
-spare coils

Low points:
-cosmetic paint damage from desert brush, trees, a few rocks
-misalignment of some body panels in front, can't tell from ten feet. :)
-Front tires wear inside fast due to lift or alignment that was performed. Might be able to adjust it out
-One side window has silvery tint because it was the only tilt out one I could find. I have all original windows too.
-some hinges paint doesn't match due to replacement. Can paint them easily, just haven't done it.
-small tear in rear seat back, haven't found a suitable replacement and may not.
-dents in rear bumper from my mother driving it, and an auto repair shop backing it into another car, then a wall. :drool: Derp.
-You get asked how big your family is a lot. I tell them I have one daughter but she's HUGE. Gets laughs every time.
-No front sway bar, I didn't purchase a replacement, and I never missed it. Surprise, a one ton van doesn't drive like a sports car no matter what.
-Passenger side front spring may fall out if you let the wheel drop out of the wheelwell far enough. I have a metal strap on the driver's side. The shocks allow too much articulation.
-Stiff hinges on one barn door. These style seem to get that way, there is another style hinge that can be lubricated and I started using those on other rear doors.
-oil cooler bypassed due to coolant contamination. The filter adapter is the cause, and we have never had an overheating issue and we change oil regularly.
-permanent oil/coolant contamination because of duration leak was allowed by previous owner. We had it flushed five times by a shop (no joke) and they said it was the best they could do. It's far better than it ever was now, and we have never overheated, even during long drives in Nevada/Utah/California deserts.
-side door power lock doesn't always work
-Two helicoiled plugs, standard disclaimer applies because of Ford's fantastic head design. Had shops perform work both times. If it happens when you are out in the middle of nowhere, you simply pull injector wire, remove coil and plug and cover hole best you can to prevent contamination, then drive to nearest shop. Word is that if you keep the plugs torqued properly, it doesn't happen that much. We didn't know that at first, but now we have had a shop make sure they are all good.
-Front frame ears are bent a little. Affects mounting of bumper. If you were to buy a fancy winch mount bumper, it would require custom mounts to accomodate. Easy work for a fabricator.
-Rebuilt title, doesn't affect how it gets registered or anything that I can tell. I had it inspected before I was able to register it.
-two spots the front bit of headliner sags. Can reglue, or replace with junkyard part easy.
-Driver sun visor is stuff, don't know why. Junkyard part replacement.

So that is about it.
Located in Salt Lake City area.
133k miles
$3k OBO
801 200 2513
Anticipate it will be available sometime in the next few weeks, when the new van arrives.
Would trade for parts/fab work on next van. Need custom bumper, wheels and tires, rear seats, etc.

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
Oh, I am 90% certain it has the limited slip in the rear also.
If you want it for a bit less, I could swap on the ugly steelies and street tires.

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
It was a 5.4 Sold the van to a super nice dude from San Francisco. He flew out, and drove it home. It will continue on to more crazy adventures, he is planning to drive it across the country, to Massachusetts. You might see me around now in a tall silver Nissan NV2500, lifted three inches, AT tires. More and more scratches all the time. Soon, custom fabbed bumpers. Should be fairly unique and you won't see any others like it in Bountiful, at least.