2002 7.3L F350 4x4 CC SB Lifted, Lockers, 139k new trans, injectors

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
pass side reduced.jpgfront corner reduced.jpgfront right corner reduced.jpgrear corner reduced.jpgside view reduced.jpg

updated pics - I took the truck down to six states and had Kevin remove some of the leaves from the spring pack, as well as swap out the rear blocks for F250 blocks (2" vs 4"). I still have the original blocks. My goal was to lower the overall vehicle height, as well as soften the ride. It rides like a different truck - way more smooth, works great on rough roads. It also got rid of a small driveline shudder caused by the higher lift. Loading bikes in the back is way easier. Kevin put new U bolts on, btw.

I like the shorter look much better.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
One more thing - I traded a landscape master plan with Shad from Dent Patrol in American Fork, who pulled out a bunch of tiny little dents that tend to accumulate over the years. The only blemishes he couldn't fix are the 3" dent in the tailgate, and the trail rash in the fender behind the front passenger tire. Overall, a noticeable difference.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
It was supposedly a 4" skyjacker lift. I think I dropped about 1.5" in the front, 3" in the back, when you figure the two inches with the smaller block. Unfortunately, I didn't take measurements before, so I'm guessing based on how much easier it is to get in and out, or grab stuff out of the bed. You can look at the earlier pics I posted in the thread, and compare to the ones I put up today to get an idea.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I think it looks tons better with the lift removed.

Agreed. When I bought it the PO was rolling 37" mud terrains, and proportionally the lift looked pretty darn good. But day one I downsized the tires, and ever since the wheel wells have been showing way too much daylight. Plus, for unloaded driving it was miserably rough. And, the tallness get REAL old for just everyday grabbing stuff out of the bed. This has been hands down the best mod I've done on this truck.

1adam12

THE BEAST
Im looking to lower mine as well, did you have to change the pitman arm or track bar? Seeing yours makes me excited.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Also, I purchased and installed a Ram Mount laptop mount that bolts to the passenger seat brackets. I guess that could go with the vehicle. Also, LED interior light upgrade :)

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Turns out, my 87 yr old grandfather decided he would sell me his '02 tundra limited he purchased new and is in mint condition, 50k miles...

Last edited: