2002 Toyota Land Cruiser Immobilizer flashing light on

sibeta

My 2002 Land cruiser 100 series won't start. The immobilizer flashing light with the key symbol in it, is flashing by the clock. I can't get it to go away. I saw on ih8mud a thread about a sequence of pumping the breaks, gas pedal, key in, key out, etc to recode the key etc. It didn't work. Anybody have this happen to them or know how to fix it?

sibeta

spoke to the local dealer and their only option was to bring it in. Have to have it towed of course. Not sure of my other options at this point. After reading a bit on Ih8mud, i am going to try a new EFI Relay this weekend and see if that does anything.

Last edited:

sibeta

So i ended up finding my other Key that we had. I thought we had only had one but my wife reminded me we had another. This other key doesn't have the lock, unlock and panic button on it. It only has the chip inside. I tried it and it wouldn't start and the light was still flashing.

I hope you resolved this last June, but if not, several of us on the Mud board have fought this. Search 'fix for immobilizer issue' in the 100 Series forum, or PM me and I'll find you the link.