2004 TJ BUILT!!!

Coco

Yeah to each there own however. I was comparing them to the 2 different sets of the KM2s (both 6 and 8 ply ratings comparing my 35x12.50R15s to the 315/75R16, then the 37x12.50R17 in my MTRs) I had on previous rigs, and they were definitely my favorite.

Last edited:

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I love my Treps on-road and off-road. I used to love MTRs and BFG for on-road. Then I got treps.

I am not sure which lasts longer though. The trepadors seem to be lasting pretty good, but time will tell I guess.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I was really unimpressed with the 33" mtr-k's my buddy had on his TJ. My km2's constantly hooked up better than they did. I've heard they are better in the bigger sizes like 40's but don't know first-hand

Trate D

When I first got my 37 mtrk's I was fairly unimpressed the first few trips.... But after that that seemed to come alive and continue to get better it seems they like about 6psi on my rig. A friend went from km2's to mtrk's and said he definately prefers the mtrs (but went from 35's to 37's). I was thinking about treps as my next tire, are you running/preferring sticky treps or just regular compound?

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
When I first got my 37 mtrk's I was fairly unimpressed the first few trips.... But after that that seemed to come alive and continue to get better it seems they like about 6psi on my rig. A friend went from km2's to mtrk's and said he definately prefers the mtrs (but went from 35's to 37's). I was thinking about treps as my next tire, are you running/preferring sticky treps or just regular compound?

I have a lot of experiance with both and the radial Treps blow every other tire out of the water other than Sticky compound tires of course...

Trate D

I have a lot of experiance with both and the radial Treps blow every other tire out of the water other than Sticky compound tires of course...

Good to know thanks. Might have to give them a shot next set of tires.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Not to continue the Treps vs. the world in this thread about your TJ, but if Mesha, or anyone with onroad experience with the treps can post their real world wear life, that would be great! I have Toyo's now, but when they wear out, i will be looking for a different tire. I need one that will last with a lot of on-road driving though since I don't trailer my jeep.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
My wife Daily drove our JK on 37" Treps for 2 years before we sold it. The wore great and ran down the road just as quiet as any other aggressive tire. We had right around 20k miles on them plus a ton of HARD offroad miles and they were around 40-50% tread when we sold the Jeep.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Not to continue the Treps vs. the world in this thread about your TJ, but if Mesha, or anyone with onroad experience with the treps can post their real world wear life, that would be great! I have Toyo's now, but when they wear out, i will be looking for a different tire. I need one that will last with a lot of on-road driving though since I don't trailer my jeep.

Unfortunately I am terrible with keeping track of miles. I am not sure how many I have driven since I bought the treps. I don't trailer the JK and drive it all over the place and wheel it hard and the tires are still better than 50%. I would imagine I am at about 15-20k on them. I can't speak about them vs the toyos.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Apparently a lot of you guys dont know what a real tire looks like, so for those of you who are confused on what a quality tire looks like I have attached a picture of one for you

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Thanks for the info. I have put 17k on my Jeep since I bought it with the Toyo's on it and they look to be about 1/2 tread, but I need to measure against new to be sure. I don't expect to get 60k out of an aggressive MT, but I will be disappointed dropping over $400 a tire if I dont get at least 40-45k out of a set. I appreciate the feedback.