Jeep 2006 LJ Rubicon Build

Samersen

I have had my Jeep since it was new. My family got it for a nice price, in 2006. The JK’s we about to hit the dealerships. So I have decided to make a build history of all that I have done. What worked well and hasn’t worked well. Sorry for typo's and grammar errors, I graduated in finance not english :)

I decided that I was not going to do heavy modifications to it until it was paid off. I paid it off in the spring of 2010. I have done a lot of things to this Jeep over the years. I will try to remember it all in order. (I will find pictures of it through the years.)

2006-2007:
• Teraflex 2inch spacer lift
• Teraflex Quick disconnects (great why to increase travel stock)
• GenRight 26 gallon Gas Tank
• Currie One Inch Body Lift
• Warn Front and Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier

2007-2009:
• Nothing I was on my mission

2009-2010
• Teraflex Tummy Tuck (Cheapest way to gain 3 inchs of ground clearance)
• Rubicon Express 4 ½ Superflex Short Arm
• 285x75x16 BFG KM2
• SpiderTrax Spacer
• Bushwacker Pocket-Style flares
• Warn Front Bumper bar

2011-2012
• Airaid Cold Air intake and throttle body spacer
• Several sets of bushings for the Short Arms
• Currie tie-rod and drag link set up
• 2 Warn HID mounted on windshield
• Bushwacker Flat-Style flares

2013-2014
• 4.88 Yukon Gear
• 2 more Warn HID light bar mounted
• 35x12.5x15 MT/R Kevlar
• Teraflex LCG Pro w/out springs or shocks
• New Mopar 44 front housing gusset
• 31 inch Glasspack

They Charlie and Curtis down at Just 4 Fun Motorsports in Lindon have been fantastic to work with. I have been fighting the death wooble for the past year and a half, I have taken it two several shops around Utah and we were always able to find a band-aid for the wooble, but never got it fully fixed. I tried everything and I mean everything… From all the bushings, all the steering linkage, engine mounts, new tires…everything.

I took it to Charlie and Curtis, because Teraflex recommended them. I have been very please with their service as well as their work quality. So my front housing was slightly bent and all my short arm bushings were wore out again. After much discussion and research, I got a new front housing from Salt Lake Valley Jeep. I have been working with Bill and Wally there since I bought the Jeep. They have been great and got me a great deal! I also ordered the Teraflex’s long lower control arms from them. (That has been 8 years in the making; I have talked their ears off about different long arms and brands since I got the Jeep.) Took the Jeep and parts down to Just 4 Fun and ended up ordering the Teraflex long uppers as well. Basically completing the LCG Pro kit. Curtis swapped the front housing and installed the long arms. Sometimes I wish I knew how to fix the Jeep as good as I know how to break it ☺ But its also good to know honest guys that are good at what they do.

I have driven it for a bit after getting it back and the ride of the long vs. the short arm night and day! I wish I would of just sprung for the long arm in the first place. I do not like to bad mouth products so I won’t but I will sing praise to Teraflex for their quality and style.
I took it to Mountain Muffler up here in Heber to get the exhaust done. It sounds great is not over loud. They ran did a custom exhaust through the long arms and around the big gas tank.

All in all I am very pleased with my current set up and I am extremely pleased with all the companies that have helped me get the Jeep to her current stage, Wally and Bill at Salt Lake Valley Jeep, Dan down at Utah Valley Tire, Charlie and Curtis at Just 4 Fun, and Davey and Ryan at alljeep.com. I am sure I have forgotten someone.

Curtis took a couple of pictures along the way and I will get some more pictures as I can when it is light outside.

Attachments

• image-6.jpeg
    image-6.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 21
  • image-7.jpeg
    image-7.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 22
  • image-9.jpeg
    image-9.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Samersen

CIMG2428.jpg With just the Teraflex BB lift and quick disconnects
IMG_3706.jpg Got it back with the lift before, I took it over to Utah Valley Tire to get it's 33's
IMG_3712.jpg 4 1/2 inch on with 33's
IMG_1203.JPG A quick run with the new lights and light bar.

Last edited:

Samersen

I will have to get some better pictures soon. I will get a picture of the arm's and custom exhaust. In two weeks we are going to Moab to run the triple threat and test it out the flex on the Golden Crack! I am excited to get out and go test it.

IMG_0648.jpg 35's with the short arm's next to a stock LJ Rubi

IMG_0607.jpg Rocking the 35's

IMG_2568.jpg The giant joint for those Teraflex long arms.

....more pictures to come.

Last edited:

Bart

Good write up and nice Jeep. You really won't find nicer guys than Charlie and Curtis, and they really know their stuff.