For Sale - Best Offer 2006 TJ ( Wrangler Rubicon)

xohawkox

Sure you can get a newer Jeep, but i prefure the TJ over the JK or JKU, am i alone on this? I looked at them when I was in the market to buy and decided the I still liked the TJ more so I looked for a really low millage 2006 so i could have one of the last ones made with low miles and in good shape. If some one wants it without the extras make me a offer and I will sale the extras separately, but only if the jeep sales first.

jr4x

There are 3 values given when you look at KBB or NADA. Retail, private sale, and trade in. Are you looking at the right one? I have made that mistake before. Nice jeep

planman

I don't own an auto dealership, but I have many clients who either own dealerships or are management at dealerships. With that said, since you asked, my feedback would be:

In the end, a vehicle is worth nor more what a buyer is willing to pay to own it. NADA, KBB, etc., often has either outdated information, or when sales volumes are low, the information gets skewed.

If you contact an auto dealer and find out what 03-06's with low miles have sold for at recent Manheim auto auctions, you'll have a reasonably accurate wholesale value of prices actually paid. Private party sales are typically about $2k or maybe $3k more than that.

Aftermarket accessories on a Jeep that are in good condition are worth about 10%-20% of new when on the jeep and about 50% of new when taken off the jeep and sold separately. Labor typically adds no value.

For example, if you have mods that cost $5k new, not including labor, and they are in like-new condition; if you remove them and sell them separately, you can typically get about $2,500 for them, or if they are on the Jeep, they might add $500-$1000 of value.

I'd like to see you sell this for as high as possible. I have an 04 TJ Rocky Mountain Edition with less miles than yours that I am returning to stock to sell. If you can find a buyer for more than $18k-$19k with it completely stock, I'm thinking that I'll be able to get as much as $15k out of mine.

I haven't asked any of my auto dealer clients for the Manheim information on an 03-06 TJ with less than 35k miles, automatic, hardtop, etc., etc., but I probably will.

xohawkox

Problem is i don't have all the stock parts to take it back, not that it's that heavily modified anyway. Its more about all the extra accessories multiple tops and covers and storage stuff and such that i am including. Which as i have stated before if some one wants to make an offer on just the jeep, i will sell it without the extras and just sell them separately but only if the jeep sells first.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Just for some insight I just bought a 2004 TJ with dynatrac Pro rock 60s, A rubicon express long arm kit an atlas transfer case, Genright tube flares and a some other things for 15k..........

Tortoise

Say it once, do it now!
I sold my 05 LJ Rubicon w/ 50K Miles that had Currie suspension, Rancho 9000's, Currie front and rear bumpers, Currie grill hoop,Currie antirock, Currie body lift, currie motor mount lift, Warn 9500ti winch, AFE CAI, Magnaflow catback, VIAR OBA system, Teraflex belly up, tom woods shafts, Blue tooth Cobra CB, 35" KM2's with hard top and soft top, AR alloy rim's, 5.13 gears, front and read Riddler diff covers, upgraded brakes... ect...ect..

I had it listed for $23,000 for a while and got zero calls. I finally dropped it to $20,000 and sold it for $19,500. THe guy was trying to low ball the crap out of me but I wouldn't go bellow 19,500. I told him I would start taking the winch and OBA and CB if I went lower...
My Jeep was Impact Orange so I didn't appeal to as wide of a market as other colors. I would imagine that yellow is even harder to sell.
IMG_20130630_110603_zps00b6e4de.jpg
IMG_20130630_110619_zps14362db9.jpg

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I would guess that if someone was interested in it they would have sent you a PM with an offer. Probably best bet is selling it off KSL.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Does anyone want to buy it, but just don't like the price? Or is no one interested.

Kind of a loaded question. I'm sure there is not a guy on here that doesn't want it. Once you lower to the price to a certain number, you will start getting lots of responses. For me, that number would be $200. :rofl:

OB1

I would have to agree with some of the others on this. I'm not seeing 2k worth of extras on this. Storage bags and a cart is stuff I just through in when I sold my 02 Sahara. Maybe if it was an LJ people might be more willing to pay your asking price but a TJ I'm just not seeing it. Just my .02. Good luck with the sale.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
My experience with ksl is try to aim high first, then look at comparable vehicles and drop it to there if it doesn't sell. I prefer to drop it to the lowest price of the comparable and just be firm on price. People don't mind paying full price, the art of negotiation is lost these days, so if other ones are listed for 20,000 and you list yours for 19,000 you can be firm on price, because your tech the lowest priced one. Lesson of the day, selling stuff blows