2007 taco trouble codes

sibeta

My 07' taco trd is throwing a whole bunch of codes on the dash. Drove it yesterday with no problem, and then we started it up this morning with all lights on the dash. the check engine light is on, the VSC trac light is on, slip indicator light is on. Any ideas, or do i need to take it to the dealer to run a diagnostic on it? thanks.

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
Checker no longer reads codes, and a typical code reader wont show ABS codes. u need a scan tool to read them. if the vehicle is still under warranty id take it to the dealer

Corban_White

It is throwing a code that can be read by the code reader because the check engine light is on. I was just guessing on the ABS sensor because that is what all the systems mentioned have in common. Could be something else. Go down to autozone and get it read, then report back with the code numbers-not what autozone says it might be.

Caleb

Checker no longer reads codes, and a typical code reader wont show ABS codes. u need a scan tool to read them. if the vehicle is still under warranty id take it to the dealer
If you get a good Checker, they will still give you the reader to go read your own codes, they just won't do it for you and won't give you any advice or instructions on how to use the reader. :)

sibeta

went to autozone and they let me use the code reader. Pulled code p0455 and p0441. The guy at autozone gave me a print out of like 8 things of what it could possibly be. i took them home and looked at them. one is for faulty gas cap and after i checked it the gas cap was loose. so i am hoping that is all it is. the codes havent gone off the dash yet, but i have only started it once since i tightened the cap. We'll see what happens. thanks for your help

Last edited:

Caleb

Good to hear it was so simple. However, a lot of the new cars won't reset the CEL after a loose gas cap. You have to go get it reset from the dealership. :) Don't know if the Taco is that way but I know the newer Camry is (my in-laws just went through this with their Camry).

Corban_White

The code reader ffom autozone night be able to reset the codes. Or you might be able to disconect the battery for a min or two and reset it. Or you can use a scangague. ;) Let us know how it goes.

Last edited: