2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Dal Bone

Not getting too much activity on my Jeep. Opinions on the price?

https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/1070476

-Teraflex 4 inch suspension lift (Full Kit with adjustable control arms, shocks, springs, track bar, etc)
-Teraflex upgraded steering stabilizer
-Cooper MT 37 inch tires on 17 in wheels
-Chromolly Axles by Alloy USA
-Off Road Evolution Front Axle Gusset and Control Arm Skid plate.
-Tint

Also included are:
-Teraflex Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier.
-Factory Soft Top with Tinted Window.
-Spare Tire

$27,500

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
The problem is you can buy the 2012 used for around 30k and the motor and trans and interior is a hundred times better than the older models if your spending 27k why not spend an extra 3k and get the newer one........ I think its worth about 25k

I also have a 2008 for sale for quite a bit more than yours and I have had a few people interested but the bank wont loan as much as I am asking so I am waiting for someone with cash

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
It's a good looking Jeep! Did you regear it for the 37's? That might scare off some buyers if it hasn't been done. Not only are these gutless without the regear, most discerning buyers know the odometer will be off from running the larger tires without recalibrating the speedo.

All of that said, the price doesn't seem too bad IMHO, that's a lot less than I paid for my 2010 a year ago, but this is a terrible time of year to be looking for action on a sale unless it is a rock bottom bargin. I would bet you will get more action as the weather warms and people pay off Christmas.

Good luck with the sale.

DerekM

formerly dirk124
I think it's harder to sell one with a manual transmission, not as much demand as the auto. When we were shopping last summer I found a few that I really liked but they were manual. Since my wife drives it most of the time she wouldn't settle for a manual trans.

Plus most people don't drive these offroad anyway. They want something that is easy to drive to the mall.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I was recently in the market for an early JKU. I agree with Skippy, I wouldn't have paid more than about 24-25k for yours. I ended up with an '08 rubi on 33's and paid $21k for it. The kicker for yours is the low mileage, mine had 100k

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
I paid $27.5k for my 2012 JKU sport last spring. Bone stock with 18k miles on it.

I was hunting for a high miles, sub $20K JKU to put a LS into, but they seem to be unicorns.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I paid $27.5k for my 2012 JKU sport last spring. Bone stock with 18k miles on it.

I was hunting for a high miles, sub $20K JKU to put a LS into, but they seem to be unicorns.

That's the 3-4 year goal for ours. 6.2L of fury :freak:

Dal Bone

I think it's harder to sell one with a manual transmission, not as much demand as the auto. When we were shopping last summer I found a few that I really liked but they were manual. Since my wife drives it most of the time she wouldn't settle for a manual trans.

Plus most people don't drive these offroad anyway. They want something that is easy to drive to the mall.

Agreed. Basically everyone serious buyer has given me the same excuse as "I need to convince my wife to get a manual." Needless the say the wife usually wins

Dal Bone

The problem is you can buy the 2012 used for around 30k and the motor and trans and interior is a hundred times better than the older models if your spending 27k why not spend an extra 3k and get the newer one........ I think its worth about 25k

I also have a 2008 for sale for quite a bit more than yours and I have had a few people interested but the bank wont loan as much as I am asking so I am waiting for someone with cash

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah the funny thing is that there are lots of examples of similar year, mileage and upgrades and they are all over $30k. I kept wondering if they were even selling at that price??