For Sale 2008 Toyota 4Runner

J-mobzz

Asking Price
$7000
Posting this for a friend. if you’re interested in it contact her but let her know you’re from RME so she knows you’re a Homie.

She recently purchased an RV and then a JK to tow behind it since after trying to figure out how to set it up, she realized the 4runner doesn’t flat tow easily.

2008 Toyota 4Runner SR5
https://cars.ksl.com/listing/9047643

Great 4Runner! I’m the second owner and put most of the miles on it. I’ve loved this vehicle and taken really great care of it. I have all the service records since I purchased it in 2009.
*Remote start is great for all seasons.
*Freshly detailed interior with upholstery in very good condition for age.
*Seat covers on all seats were used a majority of the time.
*WeatherTech rubber floor mats.
*No accidents.
*Passes emissions testing.
Truly has been an all around excellent vehicle the entire time I’ve owned it.

I’m really going to miss this 4Runner and I hate to see it go. Don’t let the miles deter you, there is so much life left in this vehicle!

Ask any questions and all reasonable offers welcome!

img_6609-jpeg.169014

Attachments

• IMG_6609.jpeg
    IMG_6609.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:

J-mobzz

Non smoker? Does this have your endorsement? I'm a long way away and would want to know it was decent before getting too excited.
Non smoker, I did some work on it a couple years back I did the lift kit which is I believe rough country with the full strut coil assembly upfront. When I did that I installed new front CV axles and a passenger front wheel bearing at the same time and outer tie rods. Also new brake pads and front rotors and I think we did rear brake pads too but I’m not 100% sure on the rear brakes. I know she’s had it in the shop a few times since then for things like Map sensor, oxygen sensors but I don’t really know the full maintenance history.

The vehicle runs good and it drives good and I personally wouldn’t have an issue, jumping in it and taking 1000 mile road trip or something. That said, it’s a high mileage, old Toyota there’s always potential for something, right? I personally just can’t see how these old Toyotas have the value that they do. I would love to buy this and build a good overland, off-road vehicle out of it but these older 4runners just cost more than I’m willing to spend for something like that personally.

Trate D

I agree with the last part. I can’t imagine buying a near 300k 2008 vehicle for that price! But if that’s the market then good for them.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
None of you are wrong, the Toyota Tax is absolutely real. I drive Fords because I can't afford to drive the Toyota I want. But there's a reason that tax is there, even if it is inflated. I searched KSL just now for every 4WD Jeep between 2006 and 2010 - there's 109 of them. Five of them are over 200,000 miles. The same search for every 4WD Toyota between 2006 and 2010 returns 153 listings - 54 of them are over 200,000. Toyotas tend to last longer, and people know it.

I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm not claiming any brand is better than another, I'm just picking on Jeep to make my point because it's a brand we're all familiar with. The Toyota Tax is inflated by the trendiness of the brand, sure, but it's not completely unjustified, and it's clearly worth it to some people.

I forwarded this ad to my wife. Her '99 4Runner is well on the other side of 300,000 and while it's still running strong the electrical gremlins are finally starting to pile up. This truck would make a killer replacement, and the price is pretty reasonable (for a Toyota :rolleyes:).

J-mobzz

None of you are wrong, the Toyota Tax is absolutely real. I drive Fords because I can't afford to drive the Toyota I want. But there's a reason that tax is there, even if it is inflated. I searched KSL just now for every 4WD Jeep between 2006 and 2010 - there's 109 of them. Five of them are over 200,000 miles. The same search for every 4WD Toyota between 2006 and 2010 returns 153 listings - 54 of them are over 200,000. Toyotas tend to last longer, and people know it.

I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm not claiming any brand is better than another, I'm just picking on Jeep to make my point because it's a brand we're all familiar with. The Toyota Tax is inflated by the trendiness of the brand, sure, but it's not completely unjustified, and it's clearly worth it to some people.

I forwarded this ad to my wife. Her '99 4Runner is well on the other side of 300,000 and while it's still running strong the electrical gremlins are finally starting to pile up. This truck would make a killer replacement, and the price is pretty reasonable (for a Toyota :rolleyes:).

She honestly loves this 4runner and had no intentions of selling it she’s just moving onto a full-time RV life. She put in a lot of effort to try to bring the 4Runner along but she doesn’t want to have to pull drive shafts every time she flat tows and the quick disconnect drive lines she contacted GRS and six states about, and neither of them would touch them or recommend them. And the JK is the opposite very easy to set up and tow behind an RV so that’s the route she went.