2010 Ford Taurus wtf?!

Bart

That must be the market, and Ford is doing better than the other two. More power to them. Hope it works.

CJ Matt

Get rid of the brown parts of the interior and it would be OK. It is a lot better then the last Taurus.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Thats the best looking Taurus I have seen

which makes me wonder why they didn't just start a new product line. they're marketing to an entirely different market. my grandparents have owned multiple taurus' over the years, but I'm not so sure this one would appeal to them :ugh:

Bucking Bronco

which makes me wonder why they didn't just start a new product line. they're marketing to an entirely different market. my grandparents have owned multiple taurus' over the years, but I'm not so sure this one would appeal to them :ugh:

It's all about brand recognition and advertising. So they can say things like best selling class for ??years and best selling mid size bla bla bla.

Look at the mustang through all its changes over the years.

They all do it. and they are probably not looking you your grandparents as there prime demographics they are looking to-wards mid 20-30 somethings

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
It's all about brand recognition and advertising. So they can say things like best selling class for ??years and best selling mid size bla bla bla.

That makes sense...

Look at the mustang through all its changes over the years.

Yeah, it's changed, but their target market hasn't

They all do it. and they are probably not looking you your grandparents as there prime demographics they are looking to-wards mid 20-30 somethings

Exactly my point. Until now the taurus has been an uber conservative sedan. Paddle shift and twin turbo... not so conservative

So now they have this dilemma. They have an older generation who no longer wants a taurus because it's too wild and crazy, and the younger generation doesn't want to drive a car their (grand)parents would drive

Yeah they want people that can still legally drive;)

:confused: pretty sure there's no law against elderly people driving

D94R

You're forgetting about the old Taurus SHO. It wasn't an uber conservative old person sedan, far from it in fact.

The 500 name flopped for the same platform. Change the name back to Taurus and their sales turned around. Now they are also targeting the youth market on the same platform. You'll still have the "base" models that aren't so wild. Yet they'll be able to capture some of the youth market with a 4 door sedan with style and power.

I was never a Taurus fan as I found them genuinely gaudy. But the SHO did in fact interest me.

Caveat: I'd like to see Ford do a AWD 2.3T in the Fusion. The mechanics already exist with the Mazda 6.

Last edited:

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Exactly my point. Until now the taurus has been an uber conservative sedan. Paddle shift and twin turbo... not so conservative

So now they have this dilemma. They have an older generation who no longer wants a taurus because it's too wild and crazy, and the younger generation doesn't want to drive a car their (grand)parents would drive

this is an SHO. there will be plenty of taurus rental candidates built along side them for the old folks;)

I say good for Ford. Even though I no longer work for them, I will always have some loyalty.