Ford 2011 F-350 rod bearing fix help!!

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
My friend was driving his 2011 F-350 with the 6.7 power stroke. It over heated and turned off. The dealer service just told him it was a rod bearing and will be around 15k to fix. Any advice I can give him would be great.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I don't know what access to the crankshaft looks like with the engine still in the frame, but I know in order to do head gaskets on those trucks, the cab has to come off. I'm sure that's a big part of the costs, if that's required.

I would find a good, independent diesel repair shop to do the work rather than the dealership. It will probably be half the cost.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
Yup that was my advice. He got not towed the the LHM ford in SLC. That was the first update. I believe they will give him a better estimate tomorrow.

I thought the 6.7 power stroke was fairly reliable. Am I wrong?

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Book time to pull the cab is only like 5 hours, so That barely any part of that cost. I would be willing to bet they are selling him a whole ford crate motor. Also buy a cummins

Toad

Here is some flat rate times for you. Long block is 24 hours. Engine R&R is 19 hours. Just so he can know what he should be paying. He can also check car-part.com for a used motor.