2011 Rubicon Unlimited 4 Door

Rogerwh0

Selling my wife's daily driver. Very clean and loaded. Leather heated seats. She has driven it for about 2 years we have not had one issues at all. it does have a rebuilt title so it will be cheaper than normal. I have complete repair documentation with all OEM parts. I even have pictures of before during and after the repair.
Completely stock all the way to the tires. Asking 22500.
51000 Miles

four three 5 8 two two 50 seven six Roger

Attachments

• IMG_2596.jpg
    IMG_2596.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2601.jpg
    IMG_2601.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2602.jpg
    IMG_2602.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2595.jpg
    IMG_2595.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2597.jpg
    IMG_2597.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 51

Rogerwh0

Very Small engine fire. Older lady had it as her Sunday driver. Bird had a nest on the exhaust manifold. She was at the court house getting it registered had it idling in the parking lot when it started smoking. Being out the window of the fire marshal it was put out extemely fast. I changed both wiring harnesses and the intake plenum. Nothing burned all the way through but did melt that stuff. Barely bubbled the hood paint.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Very Small engine fire.

I changed both wiring harnesses and the intake plenum. Nothing burned all the way through but did melt that stuff. Barely bubbled the hood paint.

Wait--let me get this straight. An insurance company declared this $30,000+ Jeep a total loss. You spent $1,000 or so in superficial repairs and now it's like new. Is that what we are to understand happened? If so, do you know which insurance company the old lady used? I'd love to know in case I someday want to total one of my vehicles in such a simple manner.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Wait--let me get this straight. An insurance company declared this $30,000+ Jeep a total loss. You spent $1,000 or so in superficial repairs and now it's like new. Is that what we are to understand happened? If so, do you know which insurance company the old lady used? I'd love to know in case I someday want to total one of my vehicles in such a simple manner.

Not sure if this is the same case, but I had a friend that had a fire like this when we were in high school. They automatically totaled it. Didn't even quote it out or anything. Automatic total.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
When my wife totaled her 2010 Cadillac CTS she hit a guy doing like 25mph took out the front bumper grill and radiator and maybe the windshield washer bottle or something small like that. I just told the adjuster that I was going to be a royal pain in there ass if everything wasnt fixed 100% back to its previous glory they totalled it and with my calcualtions it would have cost around 2500 bucks to fix and this was late 2011 so the car was barely a year old.

There are alot more variables than just dollar amount when they decide to total a rig

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
They automatically totaled it. Didn't even quote it out or anything. Automatic total.

Wow.

they totalled it and with my calcualtions it would have cost around 2500 bucks to fix and this was late 2011 so the car was barely a year old.

Gee.

I've always thought that it was difficult to total a Wrangler since they are so... rebuildable. <shrug> Maybe not.

Oh, and I agree with you, Skippy--Mango Tango is an awesome color.

Rogerwh0

Yes that is exactly what happened, The lady would not accept it without all new interior from the odor. She fought them until they rolled over. Insurance companies don't like fire damage repairs due to not really being able to pin point all the exact repairs needed. They are more of a gamble than a normal collision repair. I had an extremely high salvage value due to the minimal damage so it was actually cheaper for them to buy her out. Total losses are nothing more than a financial decision. Cost of repair VS cost of replacement minus the salvage value. Cars with high value of the salvage total far easier.

Don't forget that I have a production body shop. I have a complete crew for the labor I didn't figure that into the cost.

Last edited: