2014 Rocksports challenge

Rock Taco

Saw this on facebook from Jesse Haines.

"Hey rock crawlers and Ultra 4 racers! August 23rd is the American Rocksports Challenge Ultra 4 race in Tooele, UT. Dave Cole has made the offer to host a rockcrawling comp Saturday after the race or Sunday if there is enough interest. There are a handful of U4 racers that also compete in WE Rock, as well as quite a few local teams that may be interested. Entry fee would be low ($100?) with 100% payout"

RuggedRadios

We'll be in Utah this weekend for this awesome Ultra4 showdown! If you need anything special, contact us right away so we can bring it out there. As usual, we'll be offering free tech support for anyone who needs it.

RuggedRadios

We'll also be handing out free hero cards, so be sure to stop by our area!

rugged-hero-cards.jpg

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
How much are tickets to the U4 races? They are listed nowhere online and everything says to call the box office. Been calling the box office for three days with no luck.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I'm guessing there won't be crawling as Jesse didn't even come out. In years past you could walk between events, and tickets are $40 each

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Me too and it's a shame but $51 is enough gas money to get me on my way to Moab or sand hollow

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Stands were pretty empty but i felt the race was worth the cost of admission. Killer racing. Watching Shannon, healy, and schear battle in the main was intense!! Guys were pushing the limits. Schear finally ran into Shannon and sent him cartwheeling. Amazing to see!

zukijames

Stands were pretty empty but i felt the race was worth the cost of admission. Killer racing. Watching Shannon, healy, and schear battle in the main was intense!! Guys were pushing the limits. Schear finally ran into Shannon and sent him cartwheeling. Amazing to see!

i couldn't believe how hard Scherereereer was driving! He was driving harder and more aggressive once he was broken and had a flat!

So worth the money!

$30 tickets from o'riely and was not charged to park!

watched a few mins of the moto.. it was kinda cool i guess

XJEEPER

It was great event and while the price of admission was a bit steep, the 4400 final heat made it totally worth it. Best off-road racing I've witnessed, with an epic battle for the top 3 slots. If you weren't there, you missed out.

http://www.drivingline.com/2014/08/ultra4-rocksports-recap-gallery/

It's sad that this race doesn't get more local promotion and fan attendance, but I understand that MMP doesn't make anything off of the Ultra4 ticket sales, so they don't invest much in promoting the event.