Trip Report 2023 RR4W Labor Day Campout

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Trail Day #1
Red Rock 4 Wheelers Labor Day Campout 2023
--Hell's Revenge with Richard Mick as the trail leader

No pics until Hells Gate. (at least that I have at this time) I took my neighbor along as he'd never been to Moab.

View attachment 163593
View attachment 163594
Landscape shot

1693848663194.png

Sexay close up shot. Jeep can call me if they'd like a full size

1693848807705.png

1693848782532.png

Another diesel JT on the trail with us from Riverton (?), UT. Not sure if that's right or not but cool guy for sure. SUPER clean black truck on 40" Nitto(?). I was teasing him about using a California Duster at every stop (he wasn't) but the truck was that clean.

Not a lot of pics. We were trying to figure out how many times I've done this trail? I've been Jeeping since '98. Let's say I run Hells Revenge 4 times per year (kind of conservative number?) --- 25x4= 100 times (that's Cache Valley School District math right there). It's probably more than that but let's roll with that? This is only the 2nd time I've had the JT on it. I didn't do as bad as I did with EJS Hell's Revenge. Only dragged and bumped about 6-7 times. You have to learn to drive AROUND the tail overhang. Sometimes the belly comes into play but for the most part, I didn't drag that on Hells. Maybe some very minor kisses but nothing significant at all. The cloud formations were AMAZING for this trip. VERY small RR4W group. I think 15ish total and that included 4 trail officials.

Climb out of the staircase just down from Tip Over challenge. Courtesy of Roger, my neighbor

Trail Day #2
I like this trail (don't tell anyone about it though). Kind of a secret favorite. It's solid, great scenery, some challenges, good spots for a group run and just a little adrenalin on the way in (if you're running it backwards) or the way out after you're ready to find the highway :D.
View attachment 163596

1693849190787.png

1693849234770.png

1693849274308.png

Cool scenery obviously.

A participant Stephan Runge (from Germany) sent me these two videos.
Red Rock 4 Wheelers Labor Day Campout 2023
--Flat Iron Mesa with Rick Wolcott as the trail leader
Down Easter Egg hill on Flat Iron

Through the Intimidator

A quick stop in Green River on the way home.

1693849325919.png

We had heard rumor of Hwy 6 being closed due to landslide/mudslide/washout. As you can see from the shadow in the melon stand, we are pretty late (6:30-7:00pm) there. It'd be nice not to have to run through Salina to go home but we'll take the fastest way. Turned out to be VERY scenic drive as we got to Salina just at dusk. The soft light made the drive AMAZING for color and such. I-70 is pretty cool from Denver to Salina :D No pics from me but I'll see if my neighbor got a couple to post up.

Last edited: