ISO 225, 231 v6

Magerdgr

Have gun, will travel
in search of a power plant for '59 willys pickup
I haven't got an engine for ya, but I do have a T-14 with the correct bell housing mated to a heavy shaft T-18 for one of these if you're interested. If you want to go with a Hurricane 135F like it probably was originally powered by I have a good one of those as well, plus various other odds and ends.

lightner

I haven't got an engine for ya, but I do have a T-14 with the correct bell housing mated to a heavy shaft T-18 for one of these if you're interested. If you want to go with a Hurricane 135F like it probably was originally powered by I have a good one of those as well, plus various other odds and ends.
original engine is super hurricane. I am trying to repower. i like the idea of a v6 but i will be quite satisfied with a functional super hurricane

lightner

i am not familiar with #'s. quite ignorant of many willys designations. what is a 135F ? F-head i am guessing. 4cyl? anyhow. i am also looking at late model wrangler salvage vehicles with a 3.8. what kind of headache am i pursuing? a nice performing L-6 226 would be ideal a quest continues. please--ideas, suggestions, bed time stories---all are more than welcome. muchas gracias

Magerdgr

Have gun, will travel
Ah, gotcha, I wasn't sure which it had OE. Yes, the Hurricane 134F is the F head version of the old flat head Go Devil (134L). The Dauntless 225 is a phenomenal engine and would be a great swap for you while still keeping it period correct. I'd steer clear of a new jeep drivetrain swap purely for complexity and computer/wiring hassle as well as the fact that I like vintage stuff. Just my .02 but your mileage may vary. As for period swaps, Ford 289's and Chev 327's were really common, as were pinto 4 cyl's but I never cared for those. I always thought a flathead V8 would be cool in one. Studebaker flathead 6's will bolt up to the original T90 behind a 134, and I believe the Super Hurricane too.

That's just a few options, I'm happy to help with anything I can, Willys are kinda my thing.